Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
bluerooffarm
I should have done this years ago!!!
January 18 at 6:14 PM

I am falling in love with my laminator!

Here's our map of Europe.  The boys are learning all of the countries and regions.

And I laminated a hundreds chart guide for counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s...

I've got a bunch of other stuff lined up too.  Man, I wish I had gotten this cool toy sooner!

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    January 18 at 6:25 PM

:)  I love my laminator, too.  Then I feel bad about turning perfectly recyclable material and turning it into trash.  So it's been laying dormant for a couple months.  But I'm about to get over myself.

• Bluecalm
    January 18 at 6:38 PM
    What laminator do you have?
  • bluerooffarm
    January 18 at 7:01 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

:)  I love my laminator, too.  Then I feel bad about turning perfectly recyclable material and turning it into trash.  So it's been laying dormant for a couple months.  But I'm about to get over myself.

That's why I didn't get one earlier.  I kept thinking about all that plastic, but if I can use it for all three kids (and maybe multiple times) it might be worth it for the ink and paper savings....right....right?  LOL

• bluerooffarm
    January 18 at 7:02 PM

Quoting Bluecalm: What laminator do you have?

The Royal Sovereign 12 inch.  My BIL and SIL got it for me for Christmas.

• Bluecalm
    January 18 at 7:17 PM
    Nice! I didn't realize there were home laminator's out there. I miss the laminator I used when I was teaching. Is the paper expensive?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• ablackdolphin
    January 18 at 7:25 PM
    I LOVE mine!!!!!!!
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    January 18 at 7:42 PM

Look on Amazon instead of brick and mortar stores.  You can buy much larger packages (sadly, I need that) for a cheaper per sheet price.  It's actually not bad.  I have one that you can do different thickness, and I'm thinking of using the thicker laminator paper.  I think it will give me a stiffer end product.

Quoting Bluecalm: Nice! I didn't realize there were home laminator's out there. I miss the laminator I used when I was teaching. Is the paper expensive?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    January 18 at 7:42 PM

Absolutely!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting hwblyf:

That's why I didn't get one earlier.  I kept thinking about all that plastic, but if I can use it for all three kids (and maybe multiple times) it might be worth it for the ink and paper savings....right....right?  LOL

• TidewaterClan
    January 18 at 7:48 PM

I buy mine at Sam's.  They're not super thin, but not crazy thick (5 mil? not sure).  I get 200 sheets for less than $20.

Quoting Bluecalm: Nice! I didn't realize there were home laminator's out there. I miss the laminator I used when I was teaching. Is the paper expensive?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• celtic77dragon
    January 18 at 8:08 PM

ditto that!

Quoting ablackdolphin: I LOVE mine!!!!!!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts