Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Precious333
Evenings?
January 10 at 9:59 PM
How do you spend your evenings, or time as.a.family? Every night when DH.gets home I feel done. Most of my energy is spent during the day, schooling, cleaning etc. After I make dinner I dont want to do anything, but I feel so boring. I usually am watching netflix or TV or playing a game on my phone. Dh has been helping me by reading the kids a story. Is it just me, or am I becoming a boring person? Lol oh, and lately my baby girl has been extra grumpy at night too.

Anyways. Is it bad that i just watch tv until bedtime? What do you do?

Replies

• Happyface99
    January 10 at 10:08 PM
    I'm lazy I'm working on it tho
  • TJandKarasMom
    January 10 at 10:08 PM
    I still have to work, so I teach all morning then work in the afternoons. I get home around 6:45, DH has dinner ready most nights so I eat and then go to my room and watch tv. The kids do chores (just shower or dishes, they alternate nights) and then they read to themselves and go to bed at 8. I typically don't do anything else. I'm even ashamed to admit that some nights, I take dinner to my room (since we live with mil, we have the master bedroom which we have kind of sectioned off to make a living room on one side and bedroom on the other...so I eat in our 'living room') with DH and the kids eat at the table, or they have already eaten before I get home.

Sometimes I feel guilty, but usually I don't because I really spend all 'school day' with them and I love that time with them, but I like the down time with DH too. And our kids are big enough to be on their own for a bit. I also have Sundays and Wednesdays off and another day (I work every other Saturday, when I work Saturday I get Tuesday or Friday off) and we spend the whole day together on Wednesdays, we even go as a amply to DDs dance class then to dinner with DHs grandma. Oh and Tuesday nights after work, I come home and eat dinner then take DS to basketball practice.

I figure our lives are pretty busy, I think we deserve a little down time :)
  • Precious333
    January 10 at 10:16 PM
    Thanks! That makes me feel better!
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    January 10 at 10:25 PM

Yeah, evenings I need to escape.  I figure it's not me that's boring, though.  I haven't come up with an alternative to that assessment, but I'm positive I'm not boring.  Watching Thor every night to get sleep is exciting.  Spontaneous!  The part I do feel bad about, is that I used to read to my kids every night.  Now I'm just all about getting them into their beds.

• Precious333
    January 10 at 10:33 PM
    Yeah, i kind of miss that, i feel bad about not doing that with my 3 yr old (I think.he needs more mommy time). Maybe I should start doing that with him.

Quoting hwblyf:

Yeah, evenings I need to escape.  I figure it's not me that's boring, though.  I haven't come up with an alternative to that assessment, but I'm positive I'm not boring.  Watching Thor every night to get sleep is exciting.  Spontaneous!  The part I do feel bad about, is that I used to read to my kids every night.  Now I'm just all about getting them into their beds.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 10 at 10:54 PM

We eat dinner & watch TV with the kids some nights & some nights we watch TV just Hubby & I. On the weekends we play video games as a family or watch movies!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 10 at 10:56 PM

Oh & I read to my younger 2 every night at bedtime even though they are 8 & 10. I enjoy reading books to them & they still enjoy listening to them!

Quoting usmom3:

We eat dinner & watch TV with the kids some nights & some nights we watch TV just Hubby & I. On the weekends we play video games as a family or watch movies!

• SMTCMMoore
    January 10 at 10:59 PM
    We just got rid if cable. It's been 10 days. Tonight was out first movie night and it was so fun!

We read to the kids, they are in bed just after 7, then I pick up and do dishes, talk with DH, play on my phone, read, or craft. To night I'm finishing a car seat cover for a girlfriend.
  • Precious333
    January 10 at 10:59 PM
    I did, but lately the baby has been so grumpy. I miss doing it actually :(

Quoting usmom3:

Oh & I read to my younger 2 every night at bedtime even though they are 8 & 10. I enjoy reading books to them & they still enjoy listening to them!

Quoting usmom3:

• Precious333
    January 10 at 11:03 PM
    Im still waiting for dh to come home tonight, he usually is home much earlier, we still javent eaten dinner because the baby has been napping on me for hours (i am.afriad that if I wake her that she will cry and not stop). Tonights going to be different I guess (kids are playing video games )

Quoting SMTCMMoore: We just got rid if cable. It's been 10 days. Tonight was out first movie night and it was so fun!

We read to the kids, they are in bed just after 7, then I pick up and do dishes, talk with DH, play on my phone, read, or craft. To night I'm finishing a car seat cover for a girlfriend.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts