Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...
January 1 at 9:51 AM

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

Replies

• maminka-4
    September 2 at 9:23 AM

Hi all!

My name is Lynn. We live in St Louis MO.

We have 4 kids. 3 boys, ages, 8, 5,& 5. Our daughter is 18mos.

We have been homeschooling 3yrs.

I don't have a type of homeschooling. We don't do classical or conversational. I just piece together their curriculum and go at it! Lots of field trips thrown in!

My boys love their Legos and playing outside. They love going to my inlaws farm and exploring there. They also enjoy getting together with their friends who are also homeschooled. My oldest is really enjoying being a Cub Scout!

My dd enjoys playing with her brothers and daddy and hanging with me most of the day!

• honeybea3
    September 2 at 12:53 PM
    Today her favorites are Shirley Temple and ALF, hen I asked her.
    We do not have TV service nor do we have Internet service, so anything she watches is from our personal collections or Netflix which we receive via snail mail. ;)

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Welcome to the group Bea!

What is your daughter's favorite TV show?

Quoting honeybea3: Hello, Im Bea.
    Im in Dade City, FL.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?
    I have 1 daughter in 3rd grade. 1 grown daughter

2. How long have you been homeschooling?
    This is our 2nd year homeschooling.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?
    I have no idea. We were blessed this year with various curriculum n so Im kind of piecing it together.
    Saxon Math 3
    The Pioneer Sampler
    Spelling Power
    And a whole lot if supplemental books

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?
    She enjoys eating and TV unfortunately.
    Of course we limit both of those according to needs. ;)

• Oddyssey
    September 5 at 1:56 AM

Hi there!  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Honestly, that's a hard question to answer.... There are so many different aspects of homeschooling that I like.... Educational freedom, religeous freedom, flexibility, not to mention safety!  I just see too much in the news that makes me feel confident in my decision to homeschool.  There are many other reasons as well and I'm still learning about how to organize everything, but I feel very strongly in homeschooling.  I've always known that I would want to homeschool my children. 

And I'm glad to be back on CafeMom to find help and support ;)

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Oddyssey! :) Welcome! :) Well sweety, you have come to a great place to re-connect. These mwomen are a great source of help, encouragement and resources. :) What do you like mist about homeschooling?
    Quoting Oddyssey:

Hello everyone! I'm a 44 year old mom to 2 little boys (ages 2 & 4) and a SS (who's 20!)  I'm homeschooling the two little ones and have started unofficially, just to get a feel for the whole homeschooling experience, but I've come back to CafeMom (after a long hiatus) for some help and support.

• kirbymom
    September 6 at 9:38 AM

You're welcome. :) 

If I may ask, how long have you been off here? It seems to me that I might have "seen" you on here before but not sure ?

Quoting Oddyssey:

Hi there!  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Honestly, that's a hard question to answer.... There are so many different aspects of homeschooling that I like.... Educational freedom, religeous freedom, flexibility, not to mention safety!  I just see too much in the news that makes me feel confident in my decision to homeschool.  There are many other reasons as well and I'm still learning about how to organize everything, but I feel very strongly in homeschooling.  I've always known that I would want to homeschool my children. 

And I'm glad to be back on CafeMom to find help and support ;)

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Oddyssey! :) Welcome! :) Well sweety, you have come to a great place to re-connect. These mwomen are a great source of help, encouragement and resources. :) What do you like mist about homeschooling?
    Quoting Oddyssey:

Hello everyone! I'm a 44 year old mom to 2 little boys (ages 2 & 4) and a SS (who's 20!)  I'm homeschooling the two little ones and have started unofficially, just to get a feel for the whole homeschooling experience, but I've come back to CafeMom (after a long hiatus) for some help and support.

• sammyjbel
    September 6 at 10:11 PM

Hi, I'm Samantha. I live in Wisconsin with my husband and three kids. We have a 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son who are homeschooling and also a two year old daughter.

We are going on our third year homeschooling and have a pretty ecclectic style!

The kids enjoy anything craft related, playing outside, biking, reading, and ice skating.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN