Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
Soooo tired, and feeling under-appreciated
December 25, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Why does Christmas have to start so early? Especially when Cristmas Eve ends so late. I was up till about 1am wrapping the last bulky gifts (got creative wrapping an acoustic guitar..lol)... Then the kids woke us up at 5:45....yawn! I was bummed the kids didn't even make me a card or ornament (my favorite things to get in Christmas)....my DH is terrible at that. His response? "Yeah I ment to go get you a card and gift card from the grocery store yesterday but I forgot"...Maybe I'm just exhausted but it makes me sad that I spend months prepping for this holiday - even for hubby - and all I get is 'I forgot'. I mean I don't want expensive gifts - I'm super frugal - but even a colored picture is nice. Maybe I'll go back to bed and they can worry about cooking the Christmas dinner? 

Replies

• debramommyof4
    December 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    Mine never wake up early. I keep waiting for that excited wake up, but it never comes.

This year my 7 year old has been making everyone rainbow loom jewelry. Daddy took it away for her not putting it away and she threw a fit because she would not be able to give me any thing. She is the only one who thought of it and I am sure it is mostly because it is new.

Hopefully they will cook for you or do something nice today! Merry Christmas!
  • KickButtMama
    December 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I guess the grass is always greener..lol..my youngest actually woke up at like 4, but I said he couldn't do anything until around 6... My kids have been making kumihimo jewelry (kinda like the modern friendship bracelets) to sell on my etsy shop as well as beaded ornaments. So I was especially surprised to not receive anything. :(

my eldest wanted a rainbow loom but none of the stores in my area had it this past weekend. 

Quoting debramommyof4: Mine never wake up early. I keep waiting for that excited wake up, but it never comes.

This year my 7 year old has been making everyone rainbow loom jewelry. Daddy took it away for her not putting it away and she threw a fit because she would not be able to give me any thing. She is the only one who thought of it and I am sure it is mostly because it is new.

• LilliesValley
    December 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Just tell your dh you want an uninterrupted nap today as your gift.
  • debramommyof4
    December 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    It is. Christmas is my only I want to get up early and be excited kind of morning.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I guess the grass is always greener..lol..my youngest actually woke up at like 4, but I said he couldn't do anything until around 6... My kids have been making kumihimo jewelry (kinda like the modern friendship bracelets) to sell on my etsy shop as well as beaded ornaments. So I was especially surprised to not receive anything. :(

my eldest wanted a rainbow loom but none of the stores in my area had it this past weekend. 

Quoting debramommyof4: Mine never wake up early. I keep waiting for that excited wake up, but it never comes.

• TidewaterClan
    December 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I'm sorry Shannon.  My dh got me an exercise dvd.  I looked at him sideways and said "um, thanks."  He excitedly replied that I'd said I wanted to lose weight.  I told him "that was ME saying that, not you.  Don't you know anything about women?"  My other present from him was a chocolate bar; go figure!

Thanks is the only thing I can give you this morning.  Thank you for being part of the HH and HM groups, and giving so much good advice.  Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful tatting.  I can't wait to try it myself now that Christmas preps are over.  Thank you for your wonderful book recommendations, and everything else.  I'm so glad you're here.

• kajira
    by kajira
    December 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I'm really sorry.

This year, i'm pregnant with twins, normally, the bulk of my christmas presents are cute clothes, including hello kitty items.... but since I won't be fitting into regular clothes for the next year or whatever, my husband pretty much told me not to expect much since he had no idea what to get me. LOL

• Bethbeth
    December 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM

congrats! My twins are almost a year and a half!

Quoting kajira:

I'm really sorry.

This year, i'm pregnant with twins, normally, the bulk of my christmas presents are cute clothes, including hello kitty items.... but since I won't be fitting into regular clothes for the next year or whatever, my husband pretty much told me not to expect much since he had no idea what to get me. LOL

• kirbymom
    December 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM
    Aww... Hugs! Hugs! Hugs!
    I agree with Kate! Thank You!! Thank you for being such a thoughtful and insightful adviser. Thank You for being apart of this group. Thank You!
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    December 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    We appreciate you and I am sure your family does as well. I know what you mean. Last year I had to lay into my children. I was taking them places and not getting any thanks. The only thing I was hearing was where to next. I let them know that if I do not receive verbal appreciation then extras will go away. All the fun projects, field trips, outings, park days will be gone. There will be no co-ops or special classes. Every year I tell my family exactly what I want for all holidays and birthdays.

We are still loving Alice in quantum land. Thanks for the recommendation. :-)
  • Bleacheddecay
    December 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM

*HUGS* I'm so sorry. With all we do and exhaustion it's too easy to feel the way you are. I hope your day gets better.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts