Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
paganbaby
I can't wait to start school with DD again. She's driving me nuts!
December 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I ended up giving 14yo dd 5 months off of school since I pulled her out of PS. At first she was really happy. She just bummed around the house and hung out with her friends, followed her interests then she spent basically a couple months at her aunts house. Now that December is almost over, I can see her getting antsier and antsier. She stays up really late, tries to sleep all day. She says there's nothing to wake up early for. And she grumps around all day. I've offered for her to start school early but she refuses,lol.

I think she'll be a lot happier when we do start though. It'll give her a routine to look forward to. Oh and her dad is going to start taking her to the gym three days a week. She won't admit it but she's excited about that too. The gym is the only place where they actually get along,lol.

Replies

• JKronrod
    December 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yes, we usually have this issue right before we start formal "school" begin each year.  The first couple of weeks are hard, and then, once they get into the routine, everyone is happier. 

• Bleacheddecay
    December 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I'd tell her if her attitude doesn't improve by X date, we will start school early or she'll have extra chorse to help out the family because this family "team" must work together and not grump around.

• paganbaby
    December 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I'm thinking that too.

Quoting JKronrod:

Yes, we usually have this issue right before we start formal "school" begin each year.  The first couple of weeks are hard, and then, once they get into the routine, everyone is happier. 

• paganbaby
    December 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

She only has a week left of vacation so she better enoy or I just might,lol.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'd tell her if her attitude doesn't improve by X date, we will start school early or she'll have extra chorse to help out the family because this family "team" must work together and not grump around.

• LostTheSlipper
    December 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Even when DS gets a break I usually have activities and events scheduled for him because he'll sit around saying he's bored (hoping I'll give him extra computer time.) During school he whines he doesn't have "free time" but then he gets it and all that stuff he supposedly want to do is no longer remembered. Oy!

• mem82
    by mem82
    December 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    I would be bored,too.lol
  • paganbaby
    December 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Isn't that always how it is?

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Even when DS gets a break I usually have activities and events scheduled for him because he'll sit around saying he's bored (hoping I'll give him extra computer time.) During school he whines he doesn't have "free time" but then he gets it and all that stuff he supposedly want to do is no longer remembered. Oy!

• bluerooffarm
    December 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

LOL!  We get that way too.  We've taken all of December off and I believe they are ready to start back.  They are pulling out the art books, picking documentaries to watch, reading books, and even asking what unit we're on in math.  :-)

• Mommynay2
    December 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    I will admit I lied to my dd I told her she was off til January 3, but her and Thailee was getting antsy and we couldn't go out because it was too cold, so I cracked and we did some copy work for multiplication. One thing I found funny was Thailee, who is in a private school was begging me to homeschool him. Literally saying, "Oh please Ma!" I think that when my kids get to relax too much it gets too boring and they want some kind of work, or they can get mischievous. Destinay didn't resist it, but Thailee's reaction shocked me.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts