Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TidewaterClan
OT - what is your creepiest Christmas/Holiday decoration?
December 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I love my husband to pieces but each year he hauls out this gingerbread man.  I'm pretty sure this fellow was in the backdrop of a Hitchcock film, lol. 

No offense meant if someone has a similar one they love. This is opinion-based only!

Replies

• Cafe MichelleP
    December 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Oh my! That does look kind of creepy. I don't have anything like that.

• KickButtMama
    December 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

All the creepy things my DH tries to put out gets 'accidentally' broken..lol

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    December 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

LOL!!!!!

I don't have any creepy decorations. My Grandmother has this little wind up donkey that was her Mother in Laws when she was a kid (so it is OLD), and it still works but the eyes are completly white, and it moves in jerky movments......creepy.

• TidewaterClan
    December 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    I tried to donate him once so I wouldn't either, but that didn't work out!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh my! That does look kind of creepy. I don't have anything like that.

• TidewaterClan
    December 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    Lol, I could see the gingerbread man meeting an untimely accident.

Quoting KickButtMama:

All the creepy things my DH tries to put out gets 'accidentally' broken..lol

• TidewaterClan
    December 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Ha ha! I laughed out loud just picturing that!

Quoting RheaF:

LOL!!!!!

I don't have any creepy decorations. My Grandmother has this little wind up donkey that was her Mother in Laws when she was a kid (so it is OLD), and it still works but the eyes are completly white, and it moves in jerky movments......creepy.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    My mom has this little girl doll, with a rocking chair, she is made of wood and is posed like she fell asleep in the chair and there is a plate of cookies and a note for Santa.

It is ugly and just creepy looking! I have always hated it! Every year when I help her decorate, I try to keep it hidden or "lose" part of it so it doesn't gwt out out. It is almost a game now. Once it gets out I will randomly put a pillow in front of it or drop a towel over it.

Too bad we arent going up there this year, they are coming here, or I would take a picture.

Haha! Maybe I will ask her to send me a picture of it! She would be thinking,"WTF?"
  • Knightquester
    December 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I'll have to re-post a pic of it later when I get a chance... I hide it on a shelf where few see it every year.

It's a small, size of your hand Santa coffin, or case that looks like a coffin.  I got it the first year I was with my husband and it was given to me at his parents holiday party as a white elephant gift.  Everybody laughed and mentioned how creepy it looked, and it's been one of our holiday decorations ever since.

• Leissaintexas
    December 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

My dh's grandmother left him some of her vintage decorations, you know the little houses and carrollers and little children dragging a tree? You're supposed to make a village with them or something. Well, the reindeer look positively psychotic. Like they're rabid or something. Its horrifying and my dd displayed them on a lower  shelf this year. Where the dog's tail..accidentally..keeps sweeping them off.

• TidewaterClan
    December 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    That cracked me up! I'm sure she'd wonder why you suddenly wanted a picture of it!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: My mom has this little girl doll, with a rocking chair, she is made of wood and is posed like she fell asleep in the chair and there is a plate of cookies and a note for Santa.

It is ugly and just creepy looking! I have always hated it! Every year when I help her decorate, I try to keep it hidden or "lose" part of it so it doesn't gwt out out. It is almost a game now. Once it gets out I will randomly put a pillow in front of it or drop a towel over it.

Too bad we arent going up there this year, they are coming here, or I would take a picture.

Haha! Maybe I will ask her to send me a picture of it! She would be thinking,"WTF?"

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts