Homeschooling Moms

hipmomto3
Favorite pre-planned, all-in-one curriculum?
December 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM

For next year I am thinking I want to go with pre-planned our curriculum for all three of my kids (who will be in 2nd, 3rd, and 6th grades). We've been doing Sonlight for the last several years. Some years I buy it all and some years I do a hodgepodge of buying some, getting some at the library, and skipping some altogether. 

This is a hodgepodge year and I worry we're missing too much. There are things I really like about Sonlight (having every day planned out, less reading for me when the questions are already there, really great books, etc), however there are also things I do not like (mainly the Evangelical/missionary focus - we are Christian, but I don't want my children spending weeks and weeks studying the lives of Evangelical missionaries or praying for poor, unchurched peoples of far-off countries). 

So - anyone have a favorite curriculum that is pretty comprehensive, and all planned out for you, that you really love? I'm not opposed to Christian or secular, in general, just want it to teach morality without an emphasis on Christian superiority.

Yeah that's a tall order. :)

Replies

Homeschooling Moms