Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
romacox
History: 100 Years Ago Today, The Federal Reserve Was Created
by romacox
December 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

This is the anniversary of the Federal Reserve, yet few know its history which leaves them at a disadvantage economically. 

One Hundred Years Of The Federal Reserve By Ben Swann

Before Central Banks

Our Founding Fathers referred to what we now call the Federal Reserve as the Central Bank.

In ancient times most lived off their land producing food while others produced  goods and services.  They had no need for money because they  bartered between each other (chickens, cows, shells, precious metals,  ext…things anyone had access to. No one held a monopoly on the money source…. “free market capitalism”)

But it made for an unreliable labor force because most people preferred to work for themselves, and had little need to work for others on a permanent basis.  The British and Dutch, in need of a labor force on their plantations located in various Colonies,  concocted a brilliant plan.  Folks, they decided to tax those “free roamers” for their land. But the catch was this:  they could not pay for it with bartering (things like cows, chickens and precious metals…things that anyone had access to if they were willing to work for it.) they must pay their taxes by money that only the British and Dutch central banks could issue (Much like the Federal Reserve issues today, it is something only a handful of elitists have control of, and power to issue.  )

The plan worked brilliantlyCrony Capitalism was born (and does not survive without the federal Reserve) .  People who would not be loyal to the plantation owners must now work for them to obtain this solely central bank  issued money just to keep their own land.    Andrew Jackson was so against the Central Banks that he referred to them as a “den of thieves” They openly spoke about their plan in the news papers (news article from the 1800s):  http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=THD18840522.2.31

Replies

• TidewaterClan
    December 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Thanks Roma!  I'll share this with my girls.  This is the type of thing my husband gets a kick out of too. 

• irvinehiker
    December 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    Thanks for this post and all your other history posts. I just started reading "weapons of mass instruction" by Gatto so I find this very interesting!
  • romacox
    by romacox
    December 23, 2013 at 1:09 PM

That sounds very interesting, irvinehiker.  I just did some quick research on that book.  The author was a teacher in the New York public school system for over 30 years.  He was also recipient of the Teacher Of The Year Award.

John taylor Gatto

I love the conversations that come from some of these things.

Quoting irvinehiker: Thanks for this post and all your other history posts. I just started reading "weapons of mass instruction" by Gatto so I find this very interesting!

• romacox
    by romacox
    December 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

• irvinehiker
    December 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I would recomend this book to ANYONE who has kids or grandkids!  Gatto is a fascinating author.  Some of his lectures are on youtube.

Quoting romacox:

That sounds very interesting, irvinehiker.  I just did some quick research on that book.  The author was a teacher in the New York public school system for over 30 years.  He was also recipient of the Teacher Of The Year Award.

John taylor Gatto

Quoting irvinehiker: Thanks for this post and all your other history posts. I just started reading "weapons of mass instruction" by Gatto so I find this very interesting!

• TidewaterClan
    December 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

That's good to know Andrea. 

Quoting irvinehiker:

I would recomend this book to ANYONE who has kids or grandkids!  Gatto is a fascinating author.  Some of his lectures are on youtube.

Quoting romacox:

John taylor Gatto

• romacox
    by romacox
    December 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Thanks for the lead.  I found several of his videos on YouTube.   

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting romacox:

John taylor Gatto

• romacox
    by romacox
    December 24, 2013 at 7:13 AM

• TJandKarasMom
    December 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    Thanks for sharing this...I'm going to see if the library has it in ebook form right now!

Quoting irvinehiker:

Quoting romacox:

John taylor Gatto

• TJandKarasMom
    December 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    It's interesting to me that no library in my area (basically almost my whole state is part of this bigger library system so we can request books from other, larger libraries) has this book at all. I may have to bite the bullet and pay the $10.

Does anyone have the kindle version I can borrow? Isn't there a way to lend books to other kindle users?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts