Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MamaDearie
One Complete Curriculum?
December 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
If you were to try one complete curriculum with 3 kids (will be ages 4, 6, and 10) who all learn in all styles and are all in the gifted range, what would you choose and why? (cross-posted)

Replies

• PurpleCupcake
    December 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a complete curriculum. 

Even the most pricey boxed curriculum will not be enough. 

Me personally I just piece it all together from textbooks I find at thrift stores. I also use work books, internet sources and the library. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I don't believe such a thing exists, I have never known of a homeschooler that used one curriculum for all of their children & had the whole thing work great for all of them!

• debramommyof4
    December 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    The only thing I could think of is the Charlotte Mason approach and have them all do their own math.
  • SwedishFish12
    December 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    I like aBeka for my 3
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    December 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    No such thing. Each curriculum has its own strengths and weaknesses.
  • bluerooffarm
    December 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM

No such thing.  Even "boxed curriculum" will not give you everything you need.

• AutymsMommy
    December 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Memoria Press (I have to caveat that I would sub out their religion in favor of a Catholic one, and I would sub out their math - I do not care for Rod and Staff).

• letstalk747
    December 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

i agree , same here

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a complete curriculum. 

Even the most pricey boxed curriculum will not be enough. 

Me personally I just piece it all together from textbooks I find at thrift stores. I also use work books, internet sources and the library. 

• summerbear
    December 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM

We love using A Beka. but my 12 year old is in the 7th grade and we just started the 4 year old kindergarten with my 2nd daughter. I have no idea how it will work when the boys (2 years old and 7 months old) start working on "real curriculum".

• paganbaby
    December 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

No clue. Sorry :-(

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts