Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Connorsmommy13
Mommy fail WWYD
December 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM

This week was not a very good one for school....got our math done...but only two journals I wanted three, some Mapping (Socials) TONS of PE including 2 hours of skating and 4 hours of sleeding/snow fun today. Lots of grammar (thankfully working through a book) and some new books. We did some reading.

But not much science, or art.

Thursday I had a great idea we were going to have a "grinch" day. Grinch crafts, found some cool ones on pintrest, and we were going to read the book. He was going to write a mini book report on it, telling me the key characters, the theme, the lesson and so on.

BUT I didnt sleep at all thursday night only slept from about 6am- 730. So I just didnt have the mind power. Now I have to turn in a report and I feel like I did nothing :(

I am thinking we should work through Christmas break.

I just feel like a utter failure

Maybe its the insomnia (past two weeks I am averaging 4 hours a night)

Replies

• SMTCMMoore
    December 21, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    Lack of sleep makes me depressed. You did good mama. Try to keep your head up!
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    December 21, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    It happens. Sounds like you did plenty. We all have light weeks. Our last two weeks have been light. I got food poisoning a couple weeks ago and it really drug me down. Be proud of what you accomplished.
  • PurpleCupcake
    December 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I've been sick a lot lately, but we are still doing ok. It happens!

Anything you can do for not sleeping? Why are you not sleeping?

• bluerooffarm
    December 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Do NOT work through Christmas break!  Take the time to sleep, relax, and get it together for after the break!  

When I do not give myself the breaks I need, we have weeks like you are describing.  The insomnia is probably your body's way of telling you that you need a break!  So take it.  You will get the stuff done in January after you recharge your batteries a bit.  You are NOT a failure!!!!!  My body tells me with migraines.  When I get a migraine, I know that I need to stop.  Plus I always have two days where absolutely nothing gets done because I'm in a dark room; then I have a "stupid day" where my brain does not fire correctly (think putting the milk away in the cupboard and the cereal away in the fridge kind of stupid).  If I take a break (say 2 extra days) I won't have another migraine for about a month or so, but if I decide the kids NEED to do work then the migraines just keep coming.  

• debramommyof4
    December 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    I would break as well. It will recharge you and make you feel better.
  • TidewaterClan
    December 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    I agree mama - take a break, enjoy every minute of it, and tackle school fresh in the new year. :)
  • kirbymom
    December 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    ***HUGS***
    Sweety! You R NOT a failure! Failure is a lack of success. You did NOT fail.
    You DID accomplish getting some work done.
    What you ARE experiencing, however, IS a lack of Energy. For the mind and for the body. A lack of energy will make you experience depression, tired all the time, no desire to do anything.
    I suggest the same as the ladies before me suggest. TAKE A BREAK! Plus...Go buy a couple of energy drinks. The ones that are double in B3, B6, and B12. These vitamins will give you the mental and physical boost you need. I suggest drinking at least 1 a day for a few days. It will take that long to feel the flow of energy that you need to get back to normal levels of energy.

And just a little FYI...
    Everyone experiences this at some time or other, a few times during their lifetime.
  • Connorsmommy13
    December 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I go through weeks like this. Sucks but I am on meds that can cause it (anti anixety meds)

• PurpleCupcake
    December 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Ask your doc for a change in meds or to add something to help you sleep. 

If you go through weeks...are you cycling through bi polar?

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I go through weeks like this. Sucks but I am on meds that can cause it (anti anixety meds)

• Connorsmommy13
    December 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Quoting kirbymom: ***HUGS***
    Sweety! You R NOT a failure! Failure is a lack of success. You did NOT fail.
    You DID accomplish getting some work done.
    What you ARE experiencing, however, IS a lack of Energy. For the mind and for the body. A lack of energy will make you experience depression, tired all the time, no desire to do anything.
    I suggest the same as the ladies before me suggest. TAKE A BREAK! Plus...Go buy a couple of energy drinks. The ones that are double in B3, B6, and B12. These vitamins will give you the mental and physical boost you need. I suggest drinking at least 1 a day for a few days. It will take that long to feel the flow of energy that you need to get back to normal levels of energy.

And just a little FYI...
    Everyone experiences this at some time or other, a few times during their lifetime.

I guess I just wanted to be done the solar system and mapping by christmas break. I am behind where my plan (set up by the teacher I am working with) I just wanted this to be a big success guess I was just hoping for more.

Thanks though. I will try those drinks.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts