Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Connorsmommy13
Mommy fail WWYD
December 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM

This week was not a very good one for school....got our math done...but only two journals I wanted three, some Mapping (Socials) TONS of PE including 2 hours of skating and 4 hours of sleeding/snow fun today. Lots of grammar (thankfully working through a book) and some new books. We did some reading.

But not much science, or art.

Thursday I had a great idea we were going to have a "grinch" day. Grinch crafts, found some cool ones on pintrest, and we were going to read the book. He was going to write a mini book report on it, telling me the key characters, the theme, the lesson and so on.

BUT I didnt sleep at all thursday night only slept from about 6am- 730. So I just didnt have the mind power. Now I have to turn in a report and I feel like I did nothing :(

I am thinking we should work through Christmas break.

I just feel like a utter failure

Maybe its the insomnia (past two weeks I am averaging 4 hours a night)

Replies

• motheroffour186
    December 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    We have been working on night schooling some days i feel sleepy becuase my husband works third shift an try to text him on his break to see if he is okay. I work doing the day. So i try to sleep still an half before childcare come to my door make sure everythings done that night. I have my children to help me before we start school.
  • KickButtMama
    December 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I completely agree. It sounds like your body is screaming for a break! 

Land you still did plenty! 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Do NOT work through Christmas break!  Take the time to sleep, relax, and get it together for after the break!  

When I do not give myself the breaks I need, we have weeks like you are describing.  The insomnia is probably your body's way of telling you that you need a break!  So take it.  You will get the stuff done in January after you recharge your batteries a bit.  You are NOT a failure!!!!!  My body tells me with migraines.  When I get a migraine, I know that I need to stop.  Plus I always have two days where absolutely nothing gets done because I'm in a dark room; then I have a "stupid day" where my brain does not fire correctly (think putting the milk away in the cupboard and the cereal away in the fridge kind of stupid).  If I take a break (say 2 extra days) I won't have another migraine for about a month or so, but if I decide the kids NEED to do work then the migraines just keep coming.  

• paganbaby
    December 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM

You did fine! We've taken the last two weeks of December off. With the holidays, the last thing we need is school work,lol.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts