Homeschooling Moms

Connorsmommy13
Mommy fail WWYD
December 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM

This week was not a very good one for school....got our math done...but only two journals I wanted three, some Mapping (Socials) TONS of PE including 2 hours of skating and 4 hours of sleeding/snow fun today. Lots of grammar (thankfully working through a book) and some new books. We did some reading.

But not much science, or art.

Thursday I had a great idea we were going to have a "grinch" day. Grinch crafts, found some cool ones on pintrest, and we were going to read the book. He was going to write a mini book report on it, telling me the key characters, the theme, the lesson and so on.

BUT I didnt sleep at all thursday night only slept from about 6am- 730. So I just didnt have the mind power. Now I have to turn in a report and I feel like I did nothing :(

I am thinking we should work through Christmas break.

I just feel like a utter failure

Maybe its the insomnia (past two weeks I am averaging 4 hours a night)

Replies

• motheroffour186
    December 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    We have been working on night schooling some days i feel sleepy becuase my husband works third shift an try to text him on his break to see if he is okay. I work doing the day. So i try to sleep still an half before childcare come to my door make sure everythings done that night. I have my children to help me before we start school.
  • KickButtMama
    December 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I completely agree. It sounds like your body is screaming for a break! 

Land you still did plenty! 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Do NOT work through Christmas break!  Take the time to sleep, relax, and get it together for after the break!  

When I do not give myself the breaks I need, we have weeks like you are describing.  The insomnia is probably your body's way of telling you that you need a break!  So take it.  You will get the stuff done in January after you recharge your batteries a bit.  You are NOT a failure!!!!!  My body tells me with migraines.  When I get a migraine, I know that I need to stop.  Plus I always have two days where absolutely nothing gets done because I'm in a dark room; then I have a "stupid day" where my brain does not fire correctly (think putting the milk away in the cupboard and the cereal away in the fridge kind of stupid).  If I take a break (say 2 extra days) I won't have another migraine for about a month or so, but if I decide the kids NEED to do work then the migraines just keep coming.  

• paganbaby
    December 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM

You did fine! We've taken the last two weeks of December off. With the holidays, the last thing we need is school work,lol.

Homeschooling Moms