Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Mweddle
I haven't posted much but
by Mweddle
December 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I wanted to share that we are in our 3rd month of homeschooling and we are really doing so well!   I am so excited because we are almost finished with Primer in MUS and we will start Alpha in January.  We are about 1/3of the way through teach your child to read and she is ROCKING it!  She has learned so much in a short amount of time.  Now come January we are adding 2-3 new subjects.  Thankfully I have lots of help!  YAY!  I am SOOOo thankful for this group and I am so glad I took the plunge.  Now I have to decide if I want to homeschool all four of my crazies!

Replies

• kirbymom
    December 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    Yay!!! How awesome! Just take your time. Maybe start with adding one child at a time?
  • Mweddle
    by Mweddle
    December 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I was actually considering doing this.  Like sending my youngest 2 to ps and taking my oldest out.  Then I'd get a year under my belt of my more difficult children.  lol

Quoting kirbymom: Yay!!! How awesome! Just take your time. Maybe start with adding one child at a time?

• TidewaterClan
    December 20, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    That's wonderful news! It has to make you feel good that she's doing so well! Good luck as you bring the rest of your crew home too!
  • kirbymom
    December 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    How many do you have in PS now and how old are they?

Quoting Mweddle:

I was actually considering doing this.  Like sending my youngest 2 to ps and taking my oldest out.  Then I'd get a year under my belt of my more difficult children.  lol

Quoting kirbymom: Yay!!! How awesome! Just take your time. Maybe start with adding one child at a time?

• celticdragon77
    December 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

That is AWESOME!!! = )

I love when I see posts like these. 

• Mweddle
    by Mweddle
    December 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

well right now I have 2.  One in pre-k and one in 1st.  My Kindergartener is my homeschooler.  I have one that will be in prek next year. 

Quoting kirbymom: How many do you have in PS now and how old are they?

Quoting Mweddle:

• paganbaby
    December 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I think sending the younger two to school would be a good idea. That would give you enough time to get the hang of things with your older two without the little ones needing attention.

Quoting Mweddle:

well right now I have 2.  One in pre-k and one in 1st.  My Kindergartener is my homeschooler.  I have one that will be in prek next year. 

Quoting Mweddle:

• kirbymom
    December 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    You shouldn't have too much of a problem even if you decide to homeschool all four at the same time. You could combine subjects and teach all the kids at the same time. You know, you don't HAVE to teach to grade level. For instance, if you have a child that is younger but can just about keep up with an older child, then you could just teach the younger child what you teach the older child. The same can be said for the other way round as well. I have a seven yr old who is very quick in math and can handle the beginnings of fractions in algebra, so I teach him that along with my ten yr old. I do the same with my 16 and 14 yr old boys as well. You could do the same since your let's are close in age. Have your older child help teach the younger ones and give the older child some new lessons as well. It worked for me when my older kids were young, and it might work for you too. But you do what is best suited to you and your family. That is why homeschooling is such a powerful way to educate our kids.
    Hugs! You are doing a wonderful job! :)

Quoting Mweddle:

Quoting Mweddle:

• debramommyof4
    December 20, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    You have basically what I have I am just a year ahead.

I teach my 2nd and 1st grader together in literature and spelling. History and science all 4 do together, when the younger two want as they are 4 ( 5 In February) and 3.5.

My 4 and 3 year olds will be doing their lit and spelling together as they get older.

Math and Phonics are the only subjects I do separately. And I try for the older two to find something they can work on on their own but we also do general math class all together to ensure they all understand.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts