Homeschooling Moms

bluerooffarm
Christmas presents that are also curriculum pieces....
December 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Under my tree right now there is The Well Trained Mind (for me), The Way We Work (for Levi), and 365 Science Experiments (for Quentin) wrapped and ready for Christmas morning.  I am itching to open our gifts so I can get reading and putting lessons together!  Argh!  

Okay needed to get that out.  Only 5 more days!  Haha!

Anybody else have some curriculum waiting under the tree?

Replies

• TidewaterClan
    December 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Lol, that's awesome!

Elyssa (my 3rd grader) wanted a loom, so that's waiting for her along with a Lego set.

Haley (my 6th) was pining away for Gross Science.  She has that along with her own Lego kit.

Let us know how you like that WTM if you get a chance!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Nope not under our tree!

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Nope, not this year. I have gotten education games in the past.
  • bluerooffarm
    December 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My 3rd grader had a loom on his list, he'll probably get it for his birthday in May though.  Let me know how the loom goes, I wanted time to really research it and get exactly what he needs.  He wants to make rag rugs.

Levi was begging for the Way We Work.  He's into Zombies and it has led him into the mechanics of the human body.  Gross Science sounds like something he'd like too!  LOL

I've been wanting the WTM for a while now, so I'll definately give it a write up when I get to read it!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Lol, that's awesome!

Elyssa (my 3rd grader) wanted a loom, so that's waiting for her along with a Lego set.

Haley (my 6th) was pining away for Gross Science.  She has that along with her own Lego kit.

Let us know how you like that WTM if you get a chance!

• bluerooffarm
    December 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quoting usmom3:

Nope not under our tree!

It's nearly all my boys asked for!  Science books, musical instruments, etc.  I had to go over halfway down their list before I hit the standards...Legos and Wii games!  LOL

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting usmom3:

Nope not under our tree!

It's nearly all my boys asked for!  Science books, musical instruments, etc.  I had to go over halfway down their list before I hit the standards...Legos and Wii games!  LOL

We don't use curriculum, but everything under our tree I can see the educational value in! 

• Bleacheddecay
    December 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I don't but I remember those days. Geo safari and such. Lovely things.

• celticdragon77
    December 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I have a few "homeschool bibles". The WTM is one of them. It has been very handy here. 

• Molimomma
    December 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

He has duplos and a marble maze block building set. My mom got him an entire set of animal planet safari animal toys and a matching safari helicopter. The biggest educational item is actually for his birthday in January, I got him a light table with several things to go with it(he's only turning 4).

• Bluecalm
    December 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM

D has a microscope and telescope under the tree and both boys have magnifying glasses and binoculars. I got them Leap Pad Ultra also. I think most of the other things are just toys, not sure til I pull them out and wrap them. I still need to get them books.

Homeschooling Moms