Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Bluecalm
HS poster boy lol
December 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM
When I decided to withdraw my 6 year old from PS and hs him I heard tons of skeptical comments mostly about socializing from everyone including people at church. Last night while he sang with the children's choir at the Christmas concert he was poised, had a big smile on his face and sang every word. When the audience was invited to join the choir in the front for the final song he went up. There were maybe a dozen or so adults who went up, no other kids. Afterwards he worked the room and wished everyone a Merry Christmas. He was the most sociable child there and maybe won some converts or at least respect for hsing.

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    December 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    Lol awesome
  • mem82
    by mem82
    December 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    Can you make him up a tee shirt that says he homeschools? You know, just for the rest of us to get some good pr? Lololol
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM

That is a great idea! 

OP your son sounds a lot like most homeschooled children, it is sad that ignorant people chose to believe the stereo types!

Quoting mem82: Can you make him up a tee shirt that says he homeschools? You know, just for the rest of us to get some good pr? Lololol

• Bluecalm
    December 19, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    Quoting mem82: Can you make him up a tee shirt that says he homeschools? You know, just for the rest of us to get some good pr? Lololol

I've seen some cute ones I think on Cafe Press.
  • kirbymom
    December 20, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    Hey, that's wonderful! Definitely poster child for homeschoolers! ;)
  • debramommyof4
    December 21, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    Good for him!
  • TidewaterClan
    December 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    That is wonderful! What a proud moment for you. :)
  • SuperMommy408
    December 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    Awesome!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts