Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
I give up! I'm swamped!!
by mem82
December 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I give up on any type of schooling this month. LOL I'm just overloaded. How are you guys doing? I miss talking to everyone but I'm just too busy to keep up!

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM

We are plowing through this week - then have the next cople off. I HATE having breaks and the kids are chomping at the bit for one.

I am fighting a chest cold yesterday and today ...skipped my dog walking yesterday but I am paying for it today as he wants me to walk two hours. One hour per dog, that's abotu 6 miles - blah...not sure if I am up to that.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    December 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    We have this week and next week off, so we've been catching up on things around the house and spending time with daddy.
  • bluerooffarm
    December 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM

My older two are taking advantage of our December break to visit my parents!  They come back tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit swamped with just the holiday merriment!  I have no idea how in the world I'd have gotten schooling done too.  I'd probably be exhausted and crabby by now.  

• AirForceWife18
    December 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    We are swamped too. I was planning on schooling until next week but between all the Christmas shopping, present wrapping, cookie and treat making and church Christmas pageants there is just no time left. So I decided to take a break and do school work next week after Christmas when there is nothing left to do. I was driving my kids and my self crazy with stress.
  • debramommyof4
    December 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    We are super busy so I am just having the kids focus on things they can do on their own and we will start back after Christmas.
  • celticdragon77
    December 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Its a light week for us, and then we are taking a two week break. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

IT is a stressful time of year for us even though we don't have company or go anywhere. My youngest just has a hard time with the changes that come with Christmas & that makes it hard on all the rest of us. It is to the point where sometimes I wish we didn't celebrate any holiday because it seams to just upset him more then it is worth!

• ablackdolphin
    December 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I'm doing what I can.  I've downloaded a few new educational type apps and let her watch Magic School Bus and Super Why more often than I normally would.  We've also done lots of crafts but have been reading Christmas books

• Radiating2
    December 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Im right there with you! 

I just threw both my sons a joint birthday party on Sunday (oldest bday is today and younger is the 31st). Three and six now :). Im not great socially when more than a few people are in a room at once, even if they are friends and family, so this was huge for me. I survived. I also work 2-3 days a week (always tag teaming kiddos with Daddy) and last month just got promoted to a managerial position. Initially, this was amazing. To actually  feel that my work was appreciated but now Im just as you said, "swamped". Im trying not to wish this special month away. I did decide to take a break from curriculum starting last week but we still have some activities he's involved in till the end of the week so it makes me feel better he's at least getting that. 

• jwhit8791
    December 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

We are definitely just taking the rest of the year off!  This fitting a newborn into the schedule is a lot harder than I thought that it would be...............just ask my DH who was so tired this morning that he turned off his alarm and fell back asleep until I came and woke him up.  I thought he was taking a shower and was so tired I didn't notice it was 7:40......he leaves for work at 8!

This too shall pass.  Just wish it could do it sooner than later. ;)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts