Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
motheroffour186
Have you ever
December 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Suppose to be looking up for stuff the rest of that year and I found stuff the next year??

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Nope ..never.. I can't jump arond like that.

• debramommyof4
    December 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    Yes! I do it constantly
  • KrissyKC
    December 14, 2013 at 3:34 AM

yes, but mainly because I try to buy things when they are golden opportunities and if I'm pretty sure we will use them. 

For example, I bought my daughter's R&S english one year off some one for $15.   It was the teacher's manual, student text, test book and extra workbook.   The people never used it.    I couldn't pass that up, and I knew it was what we would be doing the following year, so I bought it.

• mem82
    by mem82
    December 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    Sometimes.lol
  • TidewaterClan
    December 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    Yes. The 2nd hand bookstore has too many great bargains. :)
  • motheroffour186
    December 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Jinx -I have never thought about it like that until I seen their music stuff for cheap. I seen stuff I can put up and have it for later because must stuff is cheaper because of the holiday season. Ink and paper is on sell.

Will that is a Christmas present for me from me to be ready!!

gift

• kirbymom
    December 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    Lol
    I do that on purpose! I love looking around for stuff that I think will be useful for now AND later. Some days, I look for stuff for the following year. I can't help it! I'm an educational hoarder, if there ever was such a thing. Lol
  • LilliesValley
    December 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    Yes. I have stuff book marked by subject and year already and we aren't hs until next year. Lol. I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared. Once we gwt next year's curriculum bought and pueced together if I find a good deal online or out and about I'll take advantage of it. Heck ydd is only nine weeks old and ive been glancing at stuff for younger kids. Lol
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    December 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Now, buying random"maybe we will use this" curriculum is a different story. I buy random things as I find then but can not say I have bought something "for next year" when purposely buying for this year.
  • celticdragon77
    December 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I look ahead, but I only buy for one year at a time (curriculum). 

There are exceptions to this of course - example - if I come across books or other materials that look really good on a topic (even if we arent currently studying it). However, I consider that building my library of knowledge to keep within the house. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN