Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
Original Gift Ideas For Bookworms (Shhh...we're reading in here!)
December 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Original Gift Ideas For Bookworms (Shhh...we're reading in here!)

by Kate Ward 

Ah, the book lover. How difficult could it be to buy a present for this person? It's so obvious, isn't it? The perfect present is a book, duh. Wrong! Take it from a bonafide bookworm (I can't stop reading, it's a sickness) -- a book is one of the riskiest gifts to give any hardcore reader. If they want to read it, chances are they have it already or are waiting for the perfect moment to purchase. Then there are the zillion books that they've already read and the many that they have no desire to read at all. For the book lover, buying a book is a pretty personal decision. It's a minefield, people, just stay clear! 

So what can you buy for your favorite bookworm this holiday season? Read on for some bibliophile-approved suggestions. 

Jane Eyre Literary Book Pages Brass Cuff Bracelet

This Jane Eyre Brass Cuff (Etsy, $40) is a lovely and subtle way to wear your favorite book on your sleeve (almost). It's available in other titles as well.

Grammar Teacup and Saucer Set

Chances are high that your book-loving buddy is also a grammar nerd. This Grammar Teacup and Saucer Set (Etsy, $42) will have any grammar geek giggling with delight as they sip their favorite hot beverage.

Pride and Prejudice Book Scarf

This Pride and Prejudice Book Scarf (Etsy, $42) is perfection. Stay warm and show off your fantastic taste in books all at the same time.

I Like Big Books And I Cannot Lie Poster

There isn't a book lover alive who wouldn't get a kick out of this I Like Big Books And I Cannot Lie poster (Etsy, $15). Having the Sir Mix-A-Lot song stuck in your head is just an added bonus.

Wuthering Heights Litograph Shirt

Everything at Litographs is pretty much a bookworm's dream, but their shirts -- like this Wuthering Heights version (Litographs, #34) -- are nothing short of amazing. They print an entire work on each Tshirt, so you can wear your favorite book on your back. Available in a ton of titles, so you'll have plenty to choose from.

Need more suggestions? Come on over to The Prowl to check out my Gifts For Bookworms board for plenty of other ideas!

What are you getting for your favorite bookworm this year?

Replies

• LilliesValley
    December 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Im a book lover and if someone got me these well frankly I'd be disappointed. Sorry if it seems ungrateful but I'd rather have a gift card or a book, even one I might not be that interested in instead of these.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    December 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I 100% agree.. I don't like any of those things! The only one that I even thought,"Well maybe" were the cups,but that would be more because I have three kids and it would be funny when they get their coffee or cocoa treats.

Quoting LilliesValley: Im a book lover and if someone got me these well frankly I'd be disappointed. Sorry if it seems ungrateful but I'd rather have a gift card or a book, even one I might not be that interested in instead of these.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I am the book worm in this house, but I get most of my books from the library!

• FootballFan12
    December 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I love the scarf and the cups but I am quirky like that. I would adore any of these gifts.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    December 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I've got Sir Mix a Lot stuck in my head, so I can't think clearly.  :)

• kmath
    by kmath
    December 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Yeah, none of these are anything I would use.  I would prefer a GC.

• TidewaterClan
    December 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Me too.  I like eBooks the best because they're easy to check out and no late fees when I forget to "return" them for a day or two!  

Quoting usmom3:

• TidewaterClan
    December 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I like the scarf too.  The cups would be handy, that's for sure!

Quoting FootballFan12:

I love the scarf and the cups but I am quirky like that. I would adore any of these gifts.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Yep me too! I am starting to love audio books too because I can listen to a book I want to read & knit or do other crafts that keep me from reading as much as I would like to!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Me too.  I like eBooks the best because they're easy to check out and no late fees when I forget to "return" them for a day or two!  

Quoting usmom3:

• ablackdolphin
    December 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Love the cups!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN