Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Dawn07
Going to school while homeschooling
by Dawn07
December 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Has anyone gone back to school while homeschooling your kids? How did it go?
Dh and I are hoping to take a few classes soon, but I am considering continuing after the classes and going for a degree.

Replies

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    December 11, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Does it get really hard? I have a two year old.

Quoting lovelylady83:

Im doing it... it was easy with just my oldest... now I have a 1 year old too... she makes everything difficult LOL

• nicki1018
    December 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Nope totally doable.

Quoting Dawn07: For some reason I was thinking it would be more than that. That's not bad. I think I could handle that as long as I stay organized and on track.

Quoting nicki1018:

Yep. It seems fast but it's actually pretty nice. 

Quoting Dawn07:

Okay, so that would be 4 classes a semester. Just not at once.

• debramommyof4
    December 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    I will probably in 2 years. Next year I will have 3 actually schooling as my son will be an official kindergartner next year. Then my baby will officially join us the next year.

Quoting Dawn07: I've heard k12 can be overwhelming in itself so I can only imagine. And if y'all had to share a computer. Maybe take a class to get your feet wet and see how it works out.

Quoting debramommyof4: I tried to do online school but I think since we were doing k12 it was just to much. I think with normal homeschooling and my kids being slightly older it would probably work better. I am just afraid after that one time.
  • redhead-bedhead
    December 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I am attending an online school. I hate it. Working the school work around my schedule is completely doable, I just really dislike the format that the school uses.

• Knightquester
    December 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

My mom went through college while homeschooling my brothers and I.  She graduated when I was entering my mid/late teens and she was nearly done raising all of her children.  She got her dream career job a few years after graduation and having worked in her field, and she's been in that job ever since.

• kmath
    by kmath
    December 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I take between 2-3 classes each term.  I do school online.  It is definitely doable.  I spend between 3-5 hours on my school a week.  Ocasionally it is more, for papers or tests usuallly.  I do my work after the boy goes to bed.

• lovelylady83
    December 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM

My kids are 9 and 1 so for me it is hard.  My oldest needs me to be hands on in her homeschooling.  My LO is extremely demanding.  I have no family close by because we are a military family.  I am sure if I could afford a maid and a cook things would be much easier.  I have to keep my loans in deferrment until we pay off the car otherwise I would not be going right now.  

Quoting Dawn07: Does it get really hard? I have a two year old.

Quoting lovelylady83:

Im doing it... it was easy with just my oldest... now I have a 1 year old too... she makes everything difficult LOL

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN