Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TidewaterClan
Snow/Weather Days?
December 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Hello Ladies!

Do you have snow days when the local ps does?  I let the girls play out in the snow last week when ours did.  PS has another one today, but we were planning on measuring out our gift jars and baking.  I had science labs for both too, and that never seems like school.

Just wondered what you all do.

Replies

• debramommyof4
    December 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    We would do a bit of school then head out all bundled up to play.
  • TidewaterClan
    December 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

That sounds good!  Most of what is planned for today is pure fun, and that fresh layer of snow is calling their names.  :)

Quoting debramommyof4: We would do a bit of school then head out all bundled up to play.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    December 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM

We have a hard time keeping up with work on snow days, but we don't follow the ps schedule because they've been known to call when there's nary a flake in sight, and keep going when I think they should not.  :)  We do try to keep a bit of work in, though.  I say as I listen to my first grader whining like there's no tomorrow.  And that's just because, not for anything like snow!

• kmath
    by kmath
    December 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I don't get snow days.  :(

• No_Difference
    December 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM

we still did school both days the PS had called off school due to snow. Monday, they did great at getting everything done quickly, but today is just DRAGGING. We might call it off early just so that I can get them out of the house for a little bit...make them shovel some of the neighbors' driveways for community service opportunities... Then they can build a snow man and go sledding.

• TidewaterClan
    December 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Those are always fun days! There were a few times last year (when the girls were still in ps) where the roads were a pure sheet of ice & we still had school. I think all the supers must have gotten nagged because they're being very cautious this year.

We're getting the basics done then I'll let them loose on the world. Or the backyard anyhow!

Quoting hwblyf:

We have a hard time keeping up with work on snow days, but we don't follow the ps schedule because they've been known to call when there's nary a flake in sight, and keep going when I think they should not.  :)  We do try to keep a bit of work in, though.  I say as I listen to my first grader whining like there's no tomorrow.  And that's just because, not for anything like snow!

• TidewaterClan
    December 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    Awwooooo! Do you ever get bad weather days?

Quoting kmath:

• kmath
    by kmath
    December 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Unless we are going to get hit by a hurricane, nope. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Awwooooo! Do you ever get bad weather days?

Quoting kmath:

• TidewaterClan
    December 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    That sounds nice. It's hard getting to focus when there's so much snow on the ground AND when they've seen the school closed list on the morning news!

Quoting No_Difference:

we still did school both days the PS had called off school due to snow. Monday, they did great at getting everything done quickly, but today is just DRAGGING. We might call it off early just so that I can get them out of the house for a little bit...make them shovel some of the neighbors' driveways for community service opportunities... Then they can build a snow man and go sledding.

• TidewaterClan
    December 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    Man that stinks! That's not the kind if thing you keep your fingers crossed for either!

Quoting kmath:

Unless we are going to get hit by a hurricane, nope. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Awwooooo! Do you ever get bad weather days?

Quoting kmath:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts