Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TidewaterClan
OT - anyone else watching "Sound of Music Live!" Tonight?
December 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I will just because my girls are so excited, but I won't like it, lol. Julie is the only Maria IMO. :)

SOM is a tradition in our house, so it'll be interesting to see how Carrie's version measures up - especially unedited.

Just wondered what you ladies think.

Replies

• mamamedic69
    December 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    I will be watching it. I'm also DVR'ing it for DH.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Nope, the only one in the house that might be interested is me & I was never a big fan of the original!

• TidewaterClan
    December 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    We're dvr'ing it too. I'm sure Carrie will do a fine job. :)

Quoting mamamedic69: I will be watching it. I'm also DVR'ing it for DH.
  • TidewaterClan
    December 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    No kidding? The hills were never alive with the sound of music for you?

Quoting usmom3:

Nope, the only one in the house that might be interested is me & I was never a big fan of the original!

• debramommyof4
    December 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    I hope it comes out on hulu! I have been looking for the original everywhere but have not found it. So hopefully this will come out on hulu and it will be good so I can share with my kids.
  • TidewaterClan
    December 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    I hope so too. Hulu is great - we've watched Brady Bunch episodes on there.

We got lucky at a church rummage sale & found the soundtrack on mint vinyls for only $1.

Quoting debramommyof4: I hope it comes out on hulu! I have been looking for the original everywhere but have not found it. So hopefully this will come out on hulu and it will be good so I can share with my kids.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Nope I preferred the King & I!

Quoting TidewaterClan: No kidding? The hills were never alive with the sound of music for you?

Quoting usmom3:

• TidewaterClan
    December 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM

That's one of our favorites too.  Deborah Kerr did an excellent job being feisty but understated in her huge hoop skirts.  Back when they filmed that Yule would have given the Rock a run for his money as far as abs go, etc., etc., etc.  :)

Quoting usmom3:

Nope I preferred the King & I!

Quoting TidewaterClan: No kidding? The hills were never alive with the sound of music for you?

Quoting usmom3:

• TJandKarasMom
    December 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    Live on NBC makes me nervous. I do wish I had a dvr though. I would like to see it, but I won't let the kids watch it live...and DH refuses to give NBC his ratings, lol.
  • debramommyof4
    December 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    That is awesome. You know I did not know that the Brady Bunch was on there!

Quoting TidewaterClan: I hope so too. Hulu is great - we've watched Brady Bunch episodes on there.

We got lucky at a church rummage sale & found the soundtrack on mint vinyls for only $1.

Quoting debramommyof4: I hope it comes out on hulu! I have been looking for the original everywhere but have not found it. So hopefully this will come out on hulu and it will be good so I can share with my kids.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts