Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Precious333
need opinions on this situation
December 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM
So, some friends of ours own a dance studio. My little sister and my mom have been there. These friends also go to our church, and were apart of our homeschooling group for a few years. This year I signed my 5 and 7 year old for thwir hip hop class taught by the son, who is only 15 years old. Well, I noticed he lacks the maturity to teach young children. He tried to be fun but sometimes that turned to teasing them. He yells at them and gets frustratef very easily. I talked to him and explained that that age is hard to teach, and to be more patient. He tookthe constructivr criticism well, but went back to his yelling etc. One of my friends left tge class because she was fed up with it. I talked to my mom, and said that most likely they wont change, the parents are the same way when they teach.

So, we thought we were paid for the month of december, and i guess we werent, but they aaid we can pay next time, so we stayed, but now I am reconsidering. The boys like it, but i dont think ita worth hurting their self esteem. So, i was thinking of writting the mom a letter and just finishing up december, but i dont know if i want to any more. I dont know what to do.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM

At this point I would just pay for what they have already attended & just tell them that you no longer wish to take classes from them. If they ask why be honest & tell them you don't like their teaching styles & that it goes against the way you wish your children to be treated by others!

• Precious333
    December 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Since we took the first class for this month, should I just request that we pay for that day and that's it, or should we stick it out? Honestly, another reason is it's really stressful on me to take them. My 3 year old stopped taking naps on the way there.

Quoting usmom3:

At this point I would just pay for what they have already attended & just tell them that you no longer wish to take classes from them. If they ask why be honest & tell them you don't like their teaching styles & that it goes against the way you wish your children to be treated by others!

• TidewaterClan
    December 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    I agree with BJ and would just pay for the class you went to. They should realize there are too many other dance studios in the sea to pay for bad service. :)
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Yes!

Quoting Precious333:

Since we took the first class for this month, should I just request that we pay for that day and that's it, or should we stick it out? Honestly, another reason is it's really stressful on me to take them. My 3 year old stopped taking naps on the way there.

Quoting usmom3:

• kajira
    by kajira
    December 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    Just tell them your schedule conflicts with theirs, and you found another studio who suits your schedule better and it's nothing personal.
  • Precious333
    December 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

thanks everyone :)

• TJandKarasMom
    December 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    I'm with BJ as well. Pay for the one class (at most schools, that's just the month cost divided by the number of classes that month) and let them know you won't be back. It's not worth it if your boys don't love it and if it's stressful for you.
  • Precious333
    December 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM

They do actually love it, thats  the hard part too :(

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I'm with BJ as well. Pay for the one class (at most schools, that's just the month cost divided by the number of classes that month) and let them know you won't be back. It's not worth it if your boys don't love it and if it's stressful for you.

• TJandKarasMom
    December 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Oh no :(. That is hard! But if you feel they aren't being taught no cared for in the way you want them to be, then you should go with your gut.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I'm with BJ as well. Pay for the one class (at most schools, that's just the month cost divided by the number of classes that month) and let them know you won't be back. It's not worth it if your boys don't love it and if it's stressful for you.

• Precious333
    December 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    Yeah, my gut says hes too young and I dont want my children's self esteem.hurt.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Oh no :(. That is hard! But if you feel they aren't being taught no cared for in the way you want them to be, then you should go with your gut.

Quoting Precious333:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN