Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
rsrangel
What do you do with completed work?
December 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I'm so unorganized and it's driving me crazy!  I have a box where finished worksheets/papers/projects go (for both kids combined).  Any organizing tips?  What do you do with your kids completed work?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    December 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Right now it goes into a dividing folder so I can sort it for the portfolio I have to do.  I try to file everything as it gets done.  The bigger stuff goes on the wall, to his dad's or another relatives, or in a box.  I take pictures of them and will probably toss most of them at the end of the year.

• ablackdolphin
    December 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I have a large 3-ring binder where I track what we did each day and then keep track of how much time we spend on each activity.  Behind each day's sheet I put in all completed work.

• rsrangel
    December 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting ablackdolphin:

I have a large 3-ring binder where I track what we did each day and then keep track of how much time we spend on each activity.  Behind each day's sheet I put in all completed work.

I like that idea.  Do you  have a standard page you use to write the days activities on?

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    December 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    I just bought one of those accordion folders to put all loose school work in. If it's still in the book I just leave it.
  • Leissaintexas
    December 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Whats unorganized about how you are doing it? That sounds fine to me. I have a binder that everything goes in. I keep it for the year, then in summer I trash it. I might save one from the beginning of the year and one from the end, just to show progression, but I toss everythign else.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    December 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    I have a file cabinet and wall teacher pocket holder. They both work great.
  • bluerooffarm
    December 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I have a file cabinet and I have a three-ring binder for the work that is "portfolio-worthy"  LOL.

• ambcortez
    December 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Last year, I used a paper-organizer clutch that I picked up from Walmart. It has month labels and it was very helpful. This year I've got pocket folders that he's been putting his tests in. I've been leaving all the work pages in the books this time. I haven't decided if I want to keep the pages to look back on or throw them out. IMO, I don't see a reason to keep them once the year is over.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    Each child has a folder that they put completed.work in daily. I grade it and then put it into the back of the folder, in the completed section.

Once a month, when I do my teacher report, I empty the folders, bundle them up, for all three kids and put them in a file cabinet in the garage. Once I fill the drawers I will start throwing out the oldest stuff.

In reqlity, I dont need to keep any of it, but I do just in case....in case of what?..I dont know! LMAO
  • Pukalani79
    December 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I am in the minority I guess.  I don't have to do any kind of reporting, so honestly unless it's something worth keeping, it's recycled. Em just finished her math workbook which has been a huge struggle for her, so we're going to have a big burning celebration. lol  Once they get to Jr/Sr High, I'll probably start keeping it, but most of their work now I do not keep

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts