Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
How about Cyber Monday?
November 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Do you shop online on Monday? Do you notice any huge deals?

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    November 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    DH and I went out today and got almost everything done for the kids. Then there were just a couple things I could only find online, so after we got home I went on amazon and ordered 4 things. Now I'm wondering if I should have waited until Monday. My thought was, I am a bit nervous about all my info all over the Internet on Monday, I know it can be unsafe anytime, but I wonder if its more unsafe on a day everyone is shopping online. It wasn't anything huge, about $12 for each gift...which all seemed decently priced.
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    November 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I stood in line at Kohl's for about an hour today.  :(  I'll look on Cyber Monday, but I got some really kickin' deals online this week from Discovery (we've been watching Mythbusters recently).  I need them to offer free shipping as well, or the deal is not as great, know what I mean?   But Bill went to Toys R Us today because, like the good consumer I am, I've had it beaten into me that today is the day to get awesome deals in stores.  Two of my boys are lacking in the wheeled entertainment arena (honestly, my sons riding on my daughter's hot pink scooter that is too small for them is getting old), but they were cheaper on Amazon.  So to Amazon I went.  Bill's at the Flea Market right now looking for a guitar that fits our budget and isn't just a toy.  Right about now I'm wishing I had snagged the microscope that was posted on here as being on mega sale at Amazon a month or two ago....my 2nd son decided that's what he wants for Christmas!

• Bluecalm
    November 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

I stood in line at Kohl's for about an hour today.  :(  I'll look on Cyber Monday, but I got some really kickin' deals online this week from Discovery (we've been watching Mythbusters recently).  I need them to offer free shipping as well, or the deal is not as great, know what I mean?   But Bill went to Toys R Us today because, like the good consumer I am, I've had it beaten into me that today is the day to get awesome deals in stores.  Two of my boys are lacking in the wheeled entertainment arena (honestly, my sons riding on my daughter's hot pink scooter that is too small for them is getting old), but they were cheaper on Amazon.  So to Amazon I went.  Bill's at the Flea Market right now looking for a guitar that fits our budget and isn't just a toy.  Right about now I'm wishing I had snagged the microscope that was posted on here as being on mega sale at Amazon a month or two ago....my 2nd son decided that's what he wants for Christmas!

Try Toys R Us for the microscope. A couple of weeks ago I got my son a telescope and a microscope in one package  on sale for $29, down from $49. I don't know how good they are, but he's 6 so it's a starter set for him.  

I'm looking for some sturdy kids binoculars. Have you run across any?

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    November 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM

My son is 9, and we have a Kids' First Microscope (can't remember who made it), but it's really kind of junky.  I went on Amazon and read reviews, and it seems as though the group that loves the cheaper models are the grandparents, and I'm wondering if that's because they're not the ones working with it, or they're just not as fussy.

We have binoculars, but I can't remember who made them.  What I do remember about our kids ones (I have five kids) is that they're always covered in fingerprints, so you can't really use them.  :)

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting hwblyf:

Try Toys R Us for the microscope. A couple of weeks ago I got my son a telescope and a microscope in one package  on sale for $29, down from $49. I don't know how good they are, but he's 6 so it's a starter set for him.  

I'm looking for some sturdy kids binoculars. Have you run across any?

• AnnaBright
    November 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    I do amazons Black Friday. I'm about done now. I'll hit dollar tree tomorrow and get some stocking suffers.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    November 29, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I tend to shop online whenever I find a deal.  I don't think the Cyber Monday deals are all that much better so i don't really sweat it. 

• ablackdolphin
    November 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    I do most online because U have to ship it to my moms so better to get free shipping and a discount
  • TidewaterClan
    November 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    I really like Stephanie Dawn purses. They're made in the Ohio factory where Vera Bradley produced theirs before they sent their business to China. They're supposed to have a big sale on Monday, and if they do I'll buy each of my girls a nice purse.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    December 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I do but only if it is a good deal!

• paganbaby
    December 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

No, the gifts the kids really want usually are never on sale :-/

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups