Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
aneela
First Grade Math....
by aneela
November 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

What have you all covered so far for Math 1st grade?

What other topics will you cover for the rest of the school year?

What curriculum are you using?

Are you having any struggles or challenges with any (math) topic yet?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    November 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

We are using Math U See.  We've covered adding 0, 1, 2, 9 and 8 to another addend; counting to 100, skipping counting by 2, 5, and 10; solving fo unknown addends; place value to the hundreds place; circles and triangles; commutative property; coins; time to the hour.

We still need to add doubles, doubles +1, and the "extras," and on to subtraction and fact families.  We really haven't had any problems so far, he really likes to play with the manipulatives to ifgure out the answers.

• paganbaby
    November 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Not sure. My 1st grader is in public school so here's a bump!

• aneela
    by aneela
    November 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

do you not see his work pages when he gets home?

Quoting paganbaby:

Not sure. My 1st grader is in public school so here's a bump!

• aneela
    by aneela
    November 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM

i've heard good things about Math U See. Do you have other kids or just the one?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We are using Math U See.  We've covered adding 0, 1, 2, 9 and 8 to another addend; counting to 100, skipping counting by 2, 5, and 10; solving fo unknown addends; place value to the hundreds place; circles and triangles; commutative property; coins; time to the hour.

We still need to add doubles, doubles +1, and the "extras," and on to subtraction and fact families.  We really haven't had any problems so far, he really likes to play with the manipulatives to ifgure out the answers.

• bluerooffarm
    November 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I've got 3 ds(4) is doing Primer, ds(6) is in Alpha, and ds(8) is nearly through Gamma.  They all learn VERY differently, and they all love MUS.

Quoting aneela:

i've heard good things about Math U See. Do you have other kids or just the one?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• debramommyof4
    November 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM

My first grader is using k12.  We are working on addition of multiple didgets and she is doing subtraction also.  We did shapes at the start of the year.  I hate the math and she is just testing through it so we are going to just keep going and she will do the test and I will add lessons for things that we need to work on.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN