Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Micala35
Agitated
November 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
My daughter is 8 and in co op today there was another child telling them that Santa doesn't exist. I don't care that her parents chose not to do the Santa thing, but could they have asked her not to ruin for the others?? Rant over! :)

Replies

• JATomlinson
    November 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

There's another post on here somewhere about the santa issue and kids.  I just commented on that the other day.  I'll give you a very shortened version of what I said there.

My 5 yo has never believed in Santa.  We have told her to keep quiet about it.  She is still a child, she often ignores what we say or forgets, and tells most anybody who talks about Santa, be they adult or child, that Santa is not real.  If she sees a Santa picture in the store, she blurts out, "Santa's not real he's fake!"  She's not doing it to be mean, she's just a kid and she forgets.  You have no idea really if that kid's parents told them to keep quiet about it, it's quite possible they have talked to her numerous times about it.  The fact is, they're a kid and often have little or no sensor over what they say.  That takes time to develop, and even teenagers still don't have that sensor sometimes, so it's not really fair to be angry about it at the kid or parents.  Put yourself in the other paren'ts shoes and pretend your kid is the one out there telling ppl's kids santa doesn't exist... what are you going to do?  Ground her?  Take toys away?  Keep her isolated and away from other kids so she doesn't spoil the santa thing for other kids?  All becuase she's telling the truth?

My rant is over now :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN