Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TidewaterClan
How do you feel about sleepovers that aren't at your house?
November 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Blue's post about saying no made me think of this.

How do you feel about & handle sleepover requests from other people? I'm comfortable with my girls going to my parents' house or my mother in laws. I haven't let them stay elsewhere though.

Last year my oldest daughter (then 11) was asked to stay at a friend's house. I love the mom but went to high school with her husband. I didn't care for him then or now. I let her go until midnight but then picked her up & said it was so she could see dh since he'd been out of town all week for work.

Last summer a girl from class who always talked about the many boyfriends her mom had & how they made crude remarks to her asked. I'll bet you'll be surprised to hear I said 'No Thanks!'

We're slowly starting to make hs friends locally, so I'd appreciate hearing what you ladies think about sleepovers.

Replies

• TidewaterClan
    November 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM

That's a sweet way to remember things.  I did have much better times staying with just one or two girlfriends at a time versus the slumber party action.  

Quoting celticdragon77:

I allow my kids. 

I have fond memories of staying up late watching forbidden movies and the laughing and silliness and having deep conversations... 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts