Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
chotovec82
I'm just really unsure of what to do.... UPDATE IN REPLIES
November 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I have a three year old that is speech apraxic. He says 5 words, uh huh (yes), ut huh (no), mama, dada, ow. I met with the school board today my insurance will not do anything until the school haas had their hand in the cookie jar. So they are wanting to set up an IEP for him and have him go to a communications preschool class. I'm not sure of any of the other details of this. The woman is really trying to push me into this. I'm nervous about making this decision. You hear all the time about kids being abused by teachers or teacher aids and I was abused at school by multiple teachers. My son is like a sitting duck. He can not communicate to me if he is being harmed at school. Also I am not sure how long the days are going to be for him. I do not think a 3 yr old needs to be in school for a whole day. I feel so much nervousness from this. I know he needs help but I was thinking a speech therapist twice a week or something not going to a special ed preschool.

Replies

• Bluecalm
    November 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    I love Brain Gym. Also check out Bal-A-Vis.

Quoting chotovec82:

So I think I'm know what I am gonna do. I'm gonna do a few programs at home with him. One is called the brain balance program as I have discovered that he has a severe left brain imbalance. The other is called movements that heal and the third book is called Brain Gym. I'm also going to do formal speech therapy as well. However, he will not be going to school. I just cannot trust public educators with him at this point. It also seems very counter productive since I plan to homeschool him. Thanks for all of your suggestions and I will do some of the things people have said helped their children to talk. I appreciate you guys and your help very much. This group has been God-send. Thanks

• celticdragon77
    November 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I had no idea that you could take a 3yr old to a public school for things like this.

In my state, an IEP can have complications when homeschooling. 

If you are feeling stressed about this, it is likely due to you not feeling informed enough, so keep digging for the answers that you need.

• JATomlinson
    November 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Do NOT let them push you into anything you're uncomfortable with.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN