Homeschooling Moms

Boobah
What do you NOT love about homeschooling? ;)
by Boobah
November 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Listing what we love about homeschooling is easy, at least for me. But what are some things you don't like or enjoy about homeschooling?

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    I sometimes stress about all the pressure being on me. It's a big responsibility to know that your child's entire education is dependent on you. I feel I am doing a good job so far, but I'm a little worried about middle and high school.
  • bluerooffarm
    November 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Reporting!!!  It changes my entire style of homeschooling.  I don't think I would ever do a workbook page for History, Geography, or Science if it weren't for keeping that portfolio for the evaluator.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    I also do not like the assessment and portfolios. We don't do worksheets well, and I feel like I have to print some out and have her do them just so we can "show we are improving".

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Reporting!!!  It changes my entire style of homeschooling.  I don't think I would ever do a workbook page for History, Geography, or Science if it weren't for keeping that portfolio for the evaluator.

• bluerooffarm
    November 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have one who likes worksheets, but the others do not.  I do try to take pictures of what we do and put them in the portfolio, but they can often be hard to explain. 

Quoting Boobah:

I also do not like the assessment and portfolios. We don't do worksheets well, and I feel like I have to print some out and have her do them just so we can "show we are improving".

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• TidewaterClan
    November 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My girls are in the 3rd and 6th grades.  I am a little concerned about high school.  Mostly for the writing classes, but with the right materials and rubrics I think we'll be alright.

• mem82
    by mem82
    November 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Sometimes, I feel like I never get a moment of quiet! lol

• SMTCMMoore
    November 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    I don't like my MIL judging me. Every time we have a behavior issue it's because "he isn't in public school."
  • NYCitymomx3
    November 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I don't like the money I waste on books and programs we end up not liking.  

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
    Ha! How ironic! My daughter had lovely behavior before she went to kindergarten. She was in public kinder for a year and had such a bad attitude. She was homeschooled after that (currently third grade) and is back to her usual helpful, kind self. It took all that summer to get her back though!

Quoting SMTCMMoore:

I don't like my MIL judging me. Every time we have a behavior issue it's because "he isn't in public school."
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 18, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    I'm concerned about middle and high school. Not because I don't think I can do it, but because it is so boring. Lol!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

My girls are in the 3rd and 6th grades.  I am a little concerned about high school.  Mostly for the writing classes, but with the right materials and rubrics I think we'll be alright.

Homeschooling Moms