Homeschooling Moms

Boobah
OT - are you making any gifts this year?
by Boobah
November 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM
What kind of gifts are you making? Pics are welcome as well!

Replies

• No_Difference
    November 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I don't have pics because I'm baking for everyone this year. Three of my neighbors will "only" come over if I make cookies lol.  So they're getting cookie dough wrapped up with baking directions and can make cookies at home themselves. A few other neighbors are getting pies that they'll either be able to freeze or bake right away. 3 years later I'm STILL trying to finish my neice's scarf I've been knitting...but my stupid cysts keep stopping me too often, and I think I lost the pattern I was following :/

• TJandKarasMom
    November 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    I will post some pics at some point....I am making my mom a scarf, my mil a sweater-ish thing lol, my DD some socks and maybe something fun (I just finished her zebra hat but she wanted it now ;), I hope to make ds a stuffed die (he collects dice, even his bureau is painted like one!), maybe socks or a hat for DH. Mittens for my nephew. I am also planning to make him a blanket (that will also be a little road play mat for cars as he gets older) but he may not get that until his 1st birthday in February. I think that's all the crochet gifts I need to finish (along with a few orders too!)

The kids will be making gifts as well but I don't know what yet. We also need to so something for the mailman and paper person, but I haven't come up with ideas yet!
  • AutymsMommy
    November 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

No. I'm not creative like that, lol. I do enjoy crocheting (and I'm pretty great at it, if I do say so), but I haven't the patience or time to finish my projects :P

• TidewaterClan
    November 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I'm going to throw some bowls, mugs, and plates on the pottery wheel this Saturday.  They take a week to dry, then I'll fire them in the kiln.  After that my girls can glaze them and we'll fire them again.  Family and friends seem to like them, and they're fun to make.

I'll post pictures Saturday after I get them made.  That'll be a good incentive to get cracking on it too!

• TidewaterClan
    November 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Mobile Photo

We're also making these mixed bean jars to give to the neighbors, along with soup directions. My girls enjoy measuring the beans. We'll top it with fabric and ribbon of course. :)
  • bluerooffarm
    November 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I'm crocheting dish clothes and matching dish towels for some of our extended family.  We are also making birdfeeders/bird houses for some, the boys are painting the pieces and screwing them together.  We also give out some preserves and baked goods.

• debramommyof4
    November 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    My Girls want to weave, with yarn, their brother and sister a pillow. I am trying to find a pattern so I can help them. This is the first year they have wanted to make something.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    November 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Only thing I am "making" is calendars with pictures of the grandbabies for my parents.

• KickButtMama
    November 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I make all our gifts. We do ornaments for the aunts & uncles, and I am doing a very large tablecloth for my mil - she has an 8 ft table. I'm just trying to get past my craft fair on DEC 1st before starting anything..lol.. I'll pose some pics.

• KickButtMama
    November 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

DoilyTable cloth

Homeschooling Moms