Homeschooling Moms

Boobah
OT - where do you have thanksgiving?
by Boobah
November 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Your house, a relatives home, a friends? Not at all?

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    We usually go to dh's aunts house on Thursday and my moms on Saturday. This year my mom isn't having it so my SIL is.
    Last year we were sick so I just made a thanksgiving dinner for my husband and kids at our house. It was the best thanksgiving we have had in... Ever.
  • No_Difference
    November 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Normally we don't do Thanksgiving...mostly because family is too far and I refuse to cook anything with bones in it...The last time I did a whole chicken, it turned into a full fledge comedy night for my family.
    This year we might be going to my inlaws. We haven't worked out the details yet....

• TidewaterClan
    November 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We usually go to my SIL's house for Thanksgiving, and her family comes to ours just before Christmas.

This year though . . . we're going to Disney World - woohoo!  We had to reschedule our summer trip due to dh's work schedule and I thought hanging with Mickey on Thanksgiving might be a tiny bit more enjoyable than being with my in-laws. :)

• AutymsMommy
    November 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Our house - just us (husband, children, myself).

This year Tony wants to make an entirely wheat-free spread for our eldest. Sometimes it breaks our hearts to see her pine for the things she used to eat and misses - always asking me or dad "can I eat that?". We are always invited to my mother's, but we want, just once, for Autumn to not have to eat "differently" than everyone else. We were just going to go the Honey Baked Ham route again (like we did last year), but they haven't allergen information on their website, so we're cooking this year (looking forward to the food - not the clean up, lol).

Turkey 

Ham

Green Bean casserole

Broccoli cheese casserole

Stuffing maybe?

Apple pie

Pumpkin pie

• bluerooffarm
    November 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We do not go anywhere on the day of the holiday, so we have a Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving Day at home.  We do go to my parents for Friday and MIL's house on Sunday.

• TidewaterClan
    November 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    That will be so nice for her to be able to enjoy everything the rest of the family is having.

Have you ever had King Arthur's gluten free yellow cake? We had a party and one friend couldn't eat gluten so we made strawberry shortcakes. It was delicious. I think it calls for a full stick of butter, so that may have something to do with it!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

This year Tony wants to make an entirely wheat-free spread for our eldest. Sometimes it breaks our hearts to see her pine for the things she used to eat and misses - always asking me or dad "can I eat that?". We are always invited to my mother's, but we want, just once, for Autumn to not have to eat "differently" than everyone else. We were just going to go the Honey Baked Ham route again (like we did last year), but they haven't allergen information on their website, so we're cooking this year (looking forward to the food - not the clean up, lol).

Turkey 

Ham

Green Bean casserole

Stuffing maybe?

Apple pie

Pumpkin pie

• mamamedic69
    November 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    We stay home and I cook.
  • AutymsMommy
    November 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I haven't tried that! She used to love strawberry shortcake! I'm going shopping tomorrow - I'll put it on my list (hoping Publix has it, but if not, I know Whole Foods will). Thanks!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That will be so nice for her to be able to enjoy everything the rest of the family is having.

Have you ever had King Arthur's gluten free yellow cake? We had a party and one friend couldn't eat gluten so we made strawberry shortcakes. It was delicious. I think it calls for a full stick of butter, so that may have something to do with it!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Turkey 

Ham

Green Bean casserole

Stuffing maybe?

Apple pie

Pumpkin pie

• debramommyof4
    November 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    We either go to a friends or I cook. This year we are going to a friends house.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    November 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Either my mom's house or my best friend's house.  Just depends on if I have my son or not.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts