Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
It's a brand new week! What is on the docket this week?
by mem82
November 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM

All the failures and stresses of last week can fade away. 8) A brand new week to try to get stuff right. Yay! LOL

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    We are celebrating martinmas this week (Saint Martin)
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    November 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I'd like to study, in an in-depth fashion, the mechanics of sleep.  I'll be the person being studied.  :)

So we're working on manners, my Webelos are working on their scientist badges, math, weather, big time book reports, magic, and swimming.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    Culture club and a field trip to a water treatment plant. My youngest is doing a presentation on Arabian Ostriches. I bought him some ostrich eggs and he is very excited. We are also having a guest speaker from a local mosque to talk about Jordon.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    November 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

We have a field trip to the zoo tomorrow and then back to normal stuff.  Working on subtraction, building an Assyrian seige engine, writing to his pen pal and all that other fun school stuff.

• debramommyof4
    November 11, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    We are staring muscles in science. In history we are finishing up Egypt and starting prehistoric people and then moving on to ancient Israel and Mesopotamia.

Tomorrow we are going to try to attend a Veteran's Day celebration if my husband's PTSD will allow it.

The Little ones are going to work on the letter B, the number 2 and triangles along with talking about butterflies. My 4 year old will also add working on addition facts.
  • SMTCMMoore
    November 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    I've discovered my son doesn't like alternating science and history. Last week we did core stuff and history. This week core and science! It went MUCH smoother :)
  • TJandKarasMom
    November 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    I have no idea. I'm lost this week. Friday we are doing cake decorating, Wednesday I plan to have them bake some "science cakes" and some regular cake from scratch. Math and spelling each day. Reading a few chapters in SOTW....trying to finish ancients and move on because the kids are kind of bored, we will come back to ancients again in depth in high school.

And I don't know what else...I just posted about my lack of planning. Don't tell DH...he will remind me PPPPP....Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance, lol.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    November 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    Never heard of it. Please educate me! I'm too lazy to Google. Lol

Quoting Boobah:

We are celebrating martinmas this week (Saint Martin)
  • mem82
    by mem82
    November 11, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    Lol I feel you. Speaking of Webelos, our Pack's cake bake is tomorrow and I'm the one running it. Crazy! Is your Pack doing one?

Quoting hwblyf:

I'd like to study, in an in-depth fashion, the mechanics of sleep.  I'll be the person being studied.  :)

So we're working on manners, my Webelos are working on their scientist badges, math, weather, big time book reports, magic, and swimming.

• mem82
    by mem82
    November 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    Lol Anytime I hear Culture Club I think of Boy George. The club sounds awesome. Does your son get stage fright?

Quoting jen2150:

Culture club and a field trip to a water treatment plant. My youngest is doing a presentation on Arabian Ostriches. I bought him some ostrich eggs and he is very excited. We are also having a guest speaker from a local mosque to talk about Jordon.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts