Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
army_5_wife
Question
November 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Okay mommas what is the best way to keep record of days your doing school?

Replies

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    November 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

What works for me is my big desk calendar.  I just write down what subjects we did that day and how long it took us.  Not a lot of detail, but enough for me since no one asks to see it.  :)

• rsrangel
    November 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    All we have to do here is keep track of attendance, so I just have a planner that I put a check mark on the days we have school.
  • Leissaintexas
    November 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    I just use a dollar store day planner.
  • army_5_wife
    November 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Thank you ladies, I think I am making this much more complicated then it is. lol. I really like the big desk calendar and day planner idea.

• PurpleCupcake
    November 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I use a 5 subject notebook, just write down my plans.

• hipmomto3
    November 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I use the House of Doolittle planner from Amazon. It costs about $8 and lasts me a whole year. It is divided by week - Mon through Fri along the top in columns, and then seven rows. I have three children so I divide the seven rows into 2 for each child (they are lined, about 6 or 7 lines in each row) and then the bottom row is for notes or things we all do together.

• kmath
    by kmath
    November 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I have an excel spreadsheet with what we do each day.

• kirbymom
    November 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    I use that plus a 5 subject spiral notebook. Other than that, I keep some of the work we do because it also has the days date plus the year's date.

Quoting hwblyf:

What works for me is my big desk calendar.  I just write down what subjects we did that day and how long it took us.  Not a lot of detail, but enough for me since no one asks to see it.  :)

• ambcortez
    November 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

My teaching books came with calendar charts that I could either print copies of or just use the originals. I use reward stars for each day and keep up with the lesson number that goes with that day. 

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    November 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I also have a mom's calendar kind of thing that I use to write down more detailed plans, but I've been VERY slack in actually doing that.  The big calendar ALWAYS gets done.

Quoting kirbymom:

I use that plus a 5 subject spiral notebook. Other than that, I keep some of the work we do because it also has the days date plus the year's date.

Quoting hwblyf:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN