Homeschooling Moms

Maridel
Am I the only one...
by Maridel
November 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM

who doesn't like lapbooks? I just can't get seem to get into them. I like unit studies, I just don't like the lapbook process.

Replies

• debramommyof4
    November 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    My 7 year old hates them. I am hoping teaming up on it will help. But she is really an unschooler at heart.
  • NYCitymomx3
    November 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I've always like the idea of lapbooks and had always planned on trying one.  Never happened.  I can't get into them either.  I am not the creative type at all.  I still like looking at other people's though.

• Bleacheddecay
    November 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We never did lapbooks. It's not for everyone.

• DyslexiaParent
    November 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Nothing says you HAVE to do a lapbook with unit studies.  I have boys.. We were much more inclined to do "projects" in relation to our studies because they weren't into books.  It's like the suspension bridge we built in this project: http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/19259834/Show_Us_How_YOU_Homeschool_WIN_a_25_Gift_Card?next=44 (Scroll down to see our bridge ;-)  We love our unit studies, but lapbooks.. Nahhhh.  Free yourself and do what comes naturally and what your kids like!  Don't feel like you HAVE to do the lapbooks.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    I love them but make them simple nothing too complicated. I prefer them all laid out. I would not want to use them all the time. I do a lapbook journal combination. They are not for everyone.
  • AutymsMommy
    November 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Nope, you aren't.

I don't do lapbooks... or unit studies. They irritate me.

• AutymsMommy
    November 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

We made one about the papacy and the new pope. It almost sent me over the edge. The cutting... the coloring... the pasting... the research...

No. Just no. Lol.

• rsrangel
    November 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    I don't like them, but my kids do.
  • Grumpy.Cat
    November 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I think they could be fun to do once in a while, but more often than one or two a year would be stretching it for me.

• Leissaintexas
    November 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    Not a fan. They seem incredibly labor-intensive for very little learning.

Homeschooling Moms