Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Maridel
Am I the only one...
by Maridel
November 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM

who doesn't like lapbooks? I just can't get seem to get into them. I like unit studies, I just don't like the lapbook process.

Replies

• debramommyof4
    November 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    My 7 year old hates them. I am hoping teaming up on it will help. But she is really an unschooler at heart.
  • NYCitymomx3
    November 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I've always like the idea of lapbooks and had always planned on trying one.  Never happened.  I can't get into them either.  I am not the creative type at all.  I still like looking at other people's though.

• Bleacheddecay
    November 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We never did lapbooks. It's not for everyone.

• DyslexiaParent
    November 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Nothing says you HAVE to do a lapbook with unit studies.  I have boys.. We were much more inclined to do "projects" in relation to our studies because they weren't into books.  It's like the suspension bridge we built in this project: http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/19259834/Show_Us_How_YOU_Homeschool_WIN_a_25_Gift_Card?next=44 (Scroll down to see our bridge ;-)  We love our unit studies, but lapbooks.. Nahhhh.  Free yourself and do what comes naturally and what your kids like!  Don't feel like you HAVE to do the lapbooks.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    I love them but make them simple nothing too complicated. I prefer them all laid out. I would not want to use them all the time. I do a lapbook journal combination. They are not for everyone.
  • AutymsMommy
    November 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Nope, you aren't.

I don't do lapbooks... or unit studies. They irritate me.

• AutymsMommy
    November 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

We made one about the papacy and the new pope. It almost sent me over the edge. The cutting... the coloring... the pasting... the research...

No. Just no. Lol.

• rsrangel
    November 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    I don't like them, but my kids do.
  • Grumpy.Cat
    November 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I think they could be fun to do once in a while, but more often than one or two a year would be stretching it for me.

• Leissaintexas
    November 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    Not a fan. They seem incredibly labor-intensive for very little learning.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN