Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Massage-Mom
CONFUSED
November 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I work as a massage thereapist...and I was wondering if you think its possible to work and homeschool? I cant affford to sahm and homeschool only...I was thinking I could work 3-9 every night and jsut work nights, and homeschool during the day...do you think this is possible??

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    November 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    Sure...especially during the early years. K-3rd grade never took us more than 3 hours a day.

It will be harder as they get older and need.more help and time to do things but it also gets easier because they are more independent...if that makes sense..lol
  • Massage-Mom
    November 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

It makes ssense and comforst me lol...I dont want to be forced to put my child in public school because I HAVE to work as her father doesnt make enough on his own....We want to homeschool and I need to work

• bluerooffarm
    November 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Yes.  We run a home business and a homestead farm and still are able to homeschool.  It just takes flexibility and a plan of attack. 

• debramommyof4
    November 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    I went to a massage therapist once and we talked about homeschooling because we were both homeschoolers. So I know it is possible.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    You can also homeschool year round and do a lighter schedule. Do you have help with the homeschooling part or will you be doing most of the instruction.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

It sure is & with the kind of work you do those hours open you up to more clientele because most people are off work at those times!

• mem82
    by mem82
    November 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM

It's very possible. 8)

• kirbymom
    November 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM
    Of course. Anything is possible when you put your mind to it. The sky is the limit. Homeschooling is all about the flexible schedule.
  • AydensMommy1008
    November 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Yep, but who watches the kids while you work? I was homeschooled as well as public and private and christian and military! lol My Dad and step Dad were both in the Army, what kind of homeschooling are you considering? You could have them start at like 8 and go from 8 to 2 or 3 with a lunchbreak and you should be fine. How many kids and what ages?

• Knightquester
    November 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I know several moms that work and homeschool, a couple of them are single parents that don't have any real help from others.  Yes, it's possible to homeschool, just create a schedule and work with the hours you have.  If you feel you need to do more hours work one of your days off a full day.

My older ones are pretty much independent and work with little to no help from me.  I could probably go back to work and they'd be fine on their own, but my youngest still needs help sometimes with staying on task so it's a possibility that I might be able to consider hopefully in a few years when he becomes more independent.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts