Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Jinx-Troublex3
P.E. / Ditch Day....
November 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

One of the homeschool moms posted on FB that she was taking her family to the park and inviting anyone to join.

I got the kids interested and we headed over expecting it to be maybe 3 families.. WRONG!! LOL I saw a BUNCH of cars in the parking lot.

When we got there there was a  MAJOR kickball game in progress...Jr high and high school kids had two teams of 12 kids each and more coming!  The Mom that arranged it had al l the elementary aged kids playing dodgeball. It was AWESOME...

I counted at least 28 high schoolers, at least 10 elementary aged kids and about 10 parents!

We could not have had more beautiful weather! It was 70* and sunny! I will not call it sunburnt but I felt the "outdoor feeling" on my face when I got home - just magnificent! We were going to go from 10-12 but everyone was having a blast so we cancelled all our book work except math and stayed until 2pm.

This isn't the besst pic - but my two - 13yo on the left and 15yo on the right playing dodgeball 

Replies

• TidewaterClan
    November 6, 2013 at 8:34 PM

There's nothing better than a spontaneous good time!  That looks like a terrific one too.  

We went to the children's museum after lunch last Friday and I was amazed at how many homeschoolers were there.  I think our numbers are increasing!  :)

• kmath
    by kmath
    November 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM

That is awesome!  I wish there were more home schoolers around us so we could hang out at the park like that!  We go and have fun but usually it is just us or maybe a few preschoolers. 

• Knightquester
    November 6, 2013 at 8:44 PM

That sounds like a great day and lots of fun experiences with good people.  I always love seeing a good turn out of people, after I just hopped into a random field trip from one of my homeschool groups.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    November 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I agree !!! I was thinking, "Last minute...middle of the week. Eh, even if it is just us it will be fun..."

It was PACKED! Even the park maintenance guy came over to ask what kind of event it was.. LOL No event..just unsocialized homeschoolerss causing trouble :)

They are planning to do it biweekly as long as the weather is nice. I told my kids NEXT time they don't get a WHOLE ditch day...LOL School work will still be required but we will go for an hour or two.

Quoting Knightquester:

That sounds like a great day and lots of fun experiences with good people.  I always love seeing a good turn out of people, after I just hopped into a random field trip from one of my homeschool groups.

• Precious333
    November 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Thats awesome! On our way home from art class we weny to the park and ran into ywo homeschoolers. It wad great, i hated taking tge kids away, but i had a tired three year old.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    November 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM

LOL - we took the dog too...95 pound German Shepherd - she is EXHAUSTED from everyone playing ball with her and doing obedience routines with me. She is passed out on the floor snoring! LOL

Quoting Precious333:

Thats awesome! On our way home from art class we weny to the park and ran into ywo homeschoolers. It wad great, i hated taking tge kids away, but i had a tired three year old.

• debramommyof4
    November 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    That sounds like an awesome day!
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Spur of the moment fun is a big reason I love homeschooling. :-)
  • bluerooffarm
    November 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM

That is awesome!!!  I love when our groups get together.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts