Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
Is anyone else ........ (OT)
by usmom3
BJ
November 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Having mysterious downloads pop up from Cafemom that you did not authorize? One is from a site called voicefive & the other is from a site called mono.vizu. I have blocked them from accessing my computers but was wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen to them!

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    November 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

YES!!! Every single time I click on any link on the CM site.  And every once in a while it tells me it blocked a "Malicious Threat." 

• kirbymom
    November 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    That happens a lot with other sites as well.
  • No_Difference
    November 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

YES!!! I started freaking out too because I have been having horrible computer problems lately when we had McAfee and so we got rid of it  entirely and downloaded new anti-virus software and then this started happening. I started scanning my computer every time it happened. It hasn't happened today...yet...

• debramommyof4
    November 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    Yeah I close it out and do not download it. It is probably a virus they need to get rid of.
  • MommeisQueen
    November 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yes 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Non of my securetys have flagged them yet but I am being proactive in blocking them!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

YES!!! Every single time I click on any link on the CM site.  And every once in a while it tells me it blocked a "Malicious Threat." 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I know it is CafeMom because when it started I was on here & Facebook, so I did a process of elimination & came up with it being CafeMom!

Quoting kirbymom:

That happens a lot with other sites as well.

• kmath
    by kmath
    November 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM

A lot of the ads they put up have viruses embedded in them.  AdBlock works wonders to keep that crap from popping up.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting No_Difference:

YES!!! I started freaking out too because I have been having horrible computer problems lately when we had McAfee and so we got rid of it  entirely and downloaded new anti-virus software and then this started happening. I started scanning my computer every time it happened. It hasn't happened today...yet...

We have never had good luck with McAfee! I scan my computers every time we turn them on just as a precaution!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Quoting debramommyof4:

Yeah I close it out and do not download it. It is probably a virus they need to get rid of.

I agree that they need to get rid of it!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts