Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
Is anyone else ........ (OT)
by usmom3
BJ
November 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Having mysterious downloads pop up from Cafemom that you did not authorize? One is from a site called voicefive & the other is from a site called mono.vizu. I have blocked them from accessing my computers but was wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen to them!

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    November 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

YES!!! Every single time I click on any link on the CM site.  And every once in a while it tells me it blocked a "Malicious Threat." 

• kirbymom
    November 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    That happens a lot with other sites as well.
  • No_Difference
    November 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

YES!!! I started freaking out too because I have been having horrible computer problems lately when we had McAfee and so we got rid of it  entirely and downloaded new anti-virus software and then this started happening. I started scanning my computer every time it happened. It hasn't happened today...yet...

• debramommyof4
    November 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    Yeah I close it out and do not download it. It is probably a virus they need to get rid of.
  • MommeisQueen
    November 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yes 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Non of my securetys have flagged them yet but I am being proactive in blocking them!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

YES!!! Every single time I click on any link on the CM site.  And every once in a while it tells me it blocked a "Malicious Threat." 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I know it is CafeMom because when it started I was on here & Facebook, so I did a process of elimination & came up with it being CafeMom!

Quoting kirbymom:

That happens a lot with other sites as well.

• kmath
    by kmath
    November 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM

A lot of the ads they put up have viruses embedded in them.  AdBlock works wonders to keep that crap from popping up.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting No_Difference:

YES!!! I started freaking out too because I have been having horrible computer problems lately when we had McAfee and so we got rid of it  entirely and downloaded new anti-virus software and then this started happening. I started scanning my computer every time it happened. It hasn't happened today...yet...

We have never had good luck with McAfee! I scan my computers every time we turn them on just as a precaution!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    November 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Quoting debramommyof4:

Yeah I close it out and do not download it. It is probably a virus they need to get rid of.

I agree that they need to get rid of it!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN