Homeschooling Moms

rsrangel
what are they reading
November 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
What book is your child currently independently reading?

Replies

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    November 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    The Diary of Wimpy Kid
  • AnnaBright
    November 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Goose bumps , dork diaries , and the oldest is memorizing The Jaberwokey (sp?) Lol
  • paganbaby
    November 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Nothing :-( I can't get my younger two to read for fun at all. They'd rather watch T.V. in their spare time. My oldest dd is reading a Harry Styles fan fiction though. I'll take what I can get,lol.

• paganbaby
    November 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Dork diaries? Is that like Diary of a wimpy kid?

Quoting AnnaBright:

Goose bumps , dork diaries , and the oldest is memorizing The Jaberwokey (sp?) Lol

• AnnaBright
    November 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    Yes but for girls :-)

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AnnaBright:

• AnnaBright
    November 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/tagged_assets/8204_dork%2520diaries%25202.jpg&imgrefurl=http://books.simonandschuster.com/Dork-Diaries/Rachel-Renee-Russell/Dork-Diaries/9781416980063&h=277&w=182&sz=1&tbnid=kG9jr0Zt9sdCaM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=105&zoom=1&usg=__nBemcecAYGcDTRuboQASroP9s0g=&docid=xoPknXdCU2kHNM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=9Kt1Us-iIcbJsQTMtoHABA&ved=0CDgQ_B0wAg
  • paganbaby
    November 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Cool! What age range would you say it is? I couldn't care less if it's for girls. I just want my son to read something,lol.

Quoting AnnaBright:

Yes but for girls :-)

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AnnaBright:

• AnnaBright
    November 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    My younger daughter is reading them now ,she started them about 7-8. The new one just came out (or I just realized it)
  • TJandKarasMom
    November 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    DS11 is reading Al Capone Does my Shirts

DD10 is reading Theodosia and the...something (She is on the second or third book, I can't remember them, but she is loving them...we got them for history and DS did not enjoy the first so we stopped it as a read aloud but DD wanted to finish it, and she just kept asking for more).

• TJandKarasMom
    November 3, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    My kids aren't huge readers, they would rather watch tv or lay video games. But before bed they have 30 minutes built in to their bed time for reading. It's mandatory most of the time, unless we are out late or something. But typically, they are in bed at 7:45/8 and read until 8:15/8:30.

Quoting paganbaby:

Nothing :-( I can't get my younger two to read for fun at all. They'd rather watch T.V. in their spare time. My oldest dd is reading a Harry Styles fan fiction though. I'll take what I can get,lol.

Homeschooling Moms