Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
energygirl
I hope it isn't just me....do you
October 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM

do you let elementary aged kids play outside after lunch (when regular schools are still in session?)  My kids are pre K, Kinder, and 1st, and we are always done in the mornings. I let them play outside after lunch..(we live rural but a schoolboard member lives nextdoor).  I am not worried about what people/neighbors think...I am just wondering if you ladies also let your kids play outside after lunch during the schoolday?

do you let elementary kids play outside after lunch on school days?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 82% - yes
  2. 17% - no
  3. 0% - only for "recess: (short time)

Replies

• jwhit8791
    October 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Ok, I said no.......but that isn't that I wouldn't.  It just isn't happening right now.  For one, it's gotten colder here and I am trying to keep the kids healthy right now since I am due in about 9 days.  I don't think that I have tried taking them all outside by myself in months......it's just too much for me right now.  They are 2,4 and 6.

With your situation, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  I just wish we could finish school in the morning.

• Precious333
    October 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    We have some days where we are out all day lol, it doesnt matter to me. I did have to explaon maybe a few times that they are homeschooled.
  • bluerooffarm
    October 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Yes I do.  I live in a very rural area and no one sees my boys playing at all.  I'm not sure how my feelings would differ if I lived next to a school board member or even in a neighborhood where more people could see my kids.  Probably I would let them play outside anyway, but I'm not sure.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Some days my kids go out to play after breakfast & spend the better part of the day out their! Being outside & in the fresh air is just as important for them!

• No_Difference
    October 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM

We actually have a bunch of homeschooled kids on our street, but we're the only ones who go outside and play when we're done.
    Lately though, my daughter has not been getting done with her work til super late at night so we haven't gone out lately much to the dismay of my younger one...and now that its getting cold outside...I just don't want to lol I hate being cold.

• paganbaby
    October 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Of course!

• TidewaterClan
    October 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yep!  I let them play until they wear themselves out then usually take our science labs out there when they stop for a break.  They're ready to sit down for a minute at that point and don't realize it's part of my master plan! :)

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Some days they have to get out in the middle of the day.  Schools have recess, so do we.  Schools have PE, so do we.  Schools have days when not a lot gets accomplished, so do we.  That said, I am trying to figure out the balance between school and relaxed.

• kirbymom
    October 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    Some days. Just depends on the day and or the kids and their behavior.
  • ambertreas76
    October 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    I do!!!!! We are at the splash pad right now!!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts