Homeschooling Moms

kirbymom
The Weirdest Ever ??!!
October 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM
What is the weirdest info you have ever had to teach?
How did your day go after that?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    October 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM

D wanted to know why zombies had to eat since they were dead.  That turned into a very interesting day.  I don't know that we ever found a satisfactory answer, but we had fun researching it.  Didn't get much else done, but it was fun.

• paganbaby
    October 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM

We've done that,lol.

Quoting kmath:

D wanted to know why zombies had to eat since they were dead.  That turned into a very interesting day.  I don't know that we ever found a satisfactory answer, but we had fun researching it.  Didn't get much else done, but it was fun.

• tuffymama
    October 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    ODS spent an entire summer when he was little researching weird foods that people eat. Let me tell you, there are some things in this world that shouldn't be consumed that are, in copious amounts. I really lost my stomach. Now some fool gets PAID to show that disgusting stuff on television. Just seeing Andrew Zimmern's show listed when I hit the guide button on the remote control makes me queasy now. BLECCH.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    October 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Hm, I will have to think about this for a fee minutes. Good question!

• TidewaterClan
    October 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Yuck!  That's the same reason I would never want to see the kitchen of any restaurants we've dined in.  Sometimes it's better to just not know, LOL!

Quoting tuffymama:

ODS spent an entire summer when he was little researching weird foods that people eat. Let me tell you, there are some things in this world that shouldn't be consumed that are, in copious amounts. I really lost my stomach. Now some fool gets PAID to show that disgusting stuff on television. Just seeing Andrew Zimmern's show listed when I hit the guide button on the remote control makes me queasy now. BLECCH.

• TidewaterClan
    October 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Every time we watch Mythbusters the girls want to try their "Do not try this at home!" experiments.  It's hard to get them focused on our safer science labs if those are still on their minds. :) 

• kirbymom
    October 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    Lol - Yeah, I wouldn't think there Would be a satisfactory answer to that question.
    We have done the samw thing. Best quality, family time spent. :)

Quoting kmath:

• kirbymom
    October 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    Oh I can understand that! He can turn a stomach something fierce! Yuck.

Quoting tuffymama:

• kirbymom
    October 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    Ha! My boys are the same way. lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Every time we watch Mythbusters the girls want to try their "Do not try this at home!" experiments.  It's hard to get them focused on our safer science labs if those are still on their minds. :) 

• TidewaterClan
    October 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    I had to hide the duct tape just so we'd still have some!

Quoting kirbymom:

Ha! My boys are the same way. lol

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts