Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Trigonometry ... whodu whadda huh???
October 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Whew! Algebra, I get. Calculus, I can understand..a little. BUT trig is making me wantvto pull my hair out by the roots! *Sheesh*

How many different ways can you 'splain it anyways!?!!?

Is there an easy way to understand trigonometry? If so, please please let me in on it!

Replies

• kirbymom
    October 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Thank you. Have any ideas?

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Come up with a game to help the kids memorize the unit circle. That will help a lot. I'm sure Dr Google can suggest a game for you. SohCahToa - when I was a teen I loved the band Nirvana. My Dad called me from work one day and told me that Kurt Cobain's native American name was SohCahToa and I believed him lol. When he came home later he told me it was just a trig memorization shortcut and we laughed about it. Silly, but I never forgot it!

• kirbymom
    October 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    Thanks. I will check it out. :)

Quoting AnnaBright:

Www.purplemath.com....got me through college calc and trig. Give ex. And walks you through equations.

• kirbymom
    October 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    Thanks. I will check it out. :)

Quoting AnnaBright:

Www.purplemath.com....got me through college calc and trig. Give ex. And walks you through equations.

• paganbaby
    October 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Yeah...not looking forward to that,lol.

• Jlee4249
    October 28, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Ooooh. Look at all the pretty squiggles!

The Dory pic just beside it makes it that much more hilarious.

• KickButtMama
    October 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My kids fav math website - www.mathisfun.com

• monkeybunns
    October 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM

The unit circle and triangle stuff I can understand it's when you add in all the stupid theoroms and postulates (and I know I'm not spelling those right!) that I just plain didn't understand-I'm really good at math but that stuff is wacked out.  I'm hoping I can just skip that one year of Trig for my kids and just do the stuff I learned in high school that I actually needed to do calc as well as algebra...I REALLY struggled in 8th grade when I had to do a whole year of Trig-yuck!

• kirbymom
    October 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    I shall check it out and see what they have. Thanks Shannon. :)

Quoting KickButtMama:

My kids fav math website - www.mathisfun.com

• arwalters
    October 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    So glad mine's a preschooler still, maybe I'll feel more prepared for the tough stuff after I get through grad school. Probably not though, lol
  • kirbymom
    October 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Lol - I was there a few years back so I can empathize. :)

Quoting arwalters:

So glad mine's a preschooler still, maybe I'll feel more prepared for the tough stuff after I get through grad school. Probably not though, lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts