mem82
What was your favorite school memory?
by mem82
October 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Tell us about it!

Replies

• Chasing3
    October 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

not much! I really didn't like school much. I recall a few assignments that stood out and I liked doing. One was writing a children's book in 5th grade and then we put them in the library and the younger grades could check them out. Another was planning and building a model town in 7th grade.

• kmath
    by kmath
    October 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

5th grade computer class, 6th grade gifted program- it was at another school so one day a week we got to leave and go do our own thing.  It was awesome.  Mu Alpha Theta and Latin class in high school.

• paganbaby
    October 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM

When I was in the 4th grade, my teacher told the class to take off their shoes and socks. We learned about erosion that day by playing with the sand box and water hose. It was amazing,lol.

• mom2Bellarose
    October 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM

This is hard for me, unfortunately. I guess I have a handful of OK memories, but really so many awful things happened in the 13 years I was in public school, that I really can't recall any favorite memories.

• buckeyetravels
    October 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    Going to the Bahamas for 5 days when I was in 11th grade. We did Cocoa Cay, Nassau, and Key West FL. We also went to COSI, Cedar Point in 10th grade, horseback riding, bowling for field trips.
  • KickButtMama
    October 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Going home? I hated my schoolng experience until college. 

• elizabooks
    October 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I ahve a lot of good memories. I remember just leaving class after recess time and going to the library. I grabbed my lunch, and a few dozen books and climbed up to the top of the stacks. (they were up against the wall and laid down to read. I was there for the rest of the school day. I was in the third grade.  Turns out the police were called and then my parents hours later. They checked all of the places they could think of: the gym, the playground, the sanctuary gardens, the convent, the church , even the grocery store down the block. Funny thing was they had never checked the library or even asked the librarian (a retired nun-sister mary anne) who had called me down to have tea with her in the teacher's lounge to discuss what I was reading. When my parents were finally notified (after the police were already involved) my mom reply was: are you sure you searched everywhere? Even the library?  When they found me, I was asked why I had done it. My reply was I had finished all of my work for the day and the priest had said in the morning prayers that one should read the good book to keep from being idle. And I had found a lot of good books to read.My mom yelled at me for wasting the police's time and my dad (the next day) gave me a fake book cover that looked like the bible that I could hide my other books in.

As for the rest of school I remember fun assignments, odd teachers(our biology teacher had dementia, another science teacher had faked her records so she wouldn't be forced to retire) and a lot of tedious, boring social interactions.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    October 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    Meeting my husband.
  • KrissyKC
    October 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I don't remember very many positive memories.    I was about two heads taller than the other kids and much more solid than they were.   I was also uncoordinated and I was book smart, but slow on the draw with other stuff.   My parents were poor, but always lived on the edge of the "money" towns.   I had a lot of thrift store clothes and Kmart clothes and never had my hair done at a salon when the other girls were getting their nails done too.

My parents moved us often, and they abused me at home verbally, mentally,  and occasionally it went to physical.   Because of this, I was even more emotional, angry, and needy.

I was everyone's target and school was HELL... 

• No_Difference
    October 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

The only "good" memories of school I have are in high school, except my senior year...which was a joke anyway. I needed 1/4 english credit to graduate so I graduated early...
    Anything related to band - marching at Disney, marching band, and Pep band.
    My Honors Alg 2 class, especially during the "time of the Sir" who was a student teacher while the regular teacher, who was also a great teacher, was out on maternity leave.
    School in general just sucked on a social stand point otherwise.... I was picked on from K-8 for really stupid reasons that were beyond my control. Freshmen and Sophmore year I had finally mad a bunch of friends who I thought were actually friends, but found out the end of my Junior year I was wrong, and still had no friends and went back to being the laughing stock again and instead of being bullied, was just flat out ignored. I honestly don't know which was worse.

Homeschooling Moms