Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Sixth Graders told to "Scrap" The Bill of Rights ???
October 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I ran across this article and thought I should pass it on to you. Here is a link......

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/08/common-core-assignment-makes-sixth-graders-scrap-bill-of-rights-amendments/

What do you think about this article?

Replies

• ambertreas76
    October 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Made it clicky for ya!!

common core assignment makes sixth graders scrap bill of rights

It is a very disturbing state of affairs in this country.   

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I think it is a scary scary thing that more people are not waking up to what is really happening here in our country. History is about to repeat itself & it seams like very few people care!

• kirbymom
    October 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Thank You!

[quote name="ambertreas76" id="0"]

Made it clicky for ya!!

common core assignment makes sixth graders scrap bill of rights

It is a very disturbing state of affairs in this country.   

[/quote

Isn't it though!? I mean what would be the point in this excercize?
  • kirbymom
    October 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    It really is kind of scary. To repeat the past's negatives is not on my list of do'ables.

Quoting usmom3:

I think it is a scary scary thing that more people are not waking up to what is really happening here in our country. History is about to repeat itself & it seams like very few people care!

• somuchlove4U
    October 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    And people say common core is okay. Unbelievable!
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, I don't ever want to experience any of history's mistakes first hand!

Quoting kirbymom:

It really is kind of scary. To repeat the past's negatives is not on my list of do'ables.

Quoting usmom3:

• TidewaterClan
    October 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Our social studies is common core & has the Bill of Rights, Constitution, etc. this sounds like one school district getting out of hand.

Plus I'd have to check to see how true or distorted this is. The website swings heavily to the right, and I like to keep things in the middle.
  • kirbymom
    October 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    Maybe. But my understanding is that it came directly from the Common Core directive's of instructions.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Our social studies is common core & has the Bill of Rights, Constitution, etc. this sounds like one school district getting out of hand.

Plus I'd have to check to see how true or distorted this is. The website swings heavily to the right, and I like to keep things in the middle.

• autodidact
    October 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM

it's a hypothetical exercise

• kirbymom
    October 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    For what purpose? To what end?

Quoting autodidact:

it's a hypothetical exercise

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups