Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
A new week! What is going on in your household?
by mem82
October 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
What is going down in your neck of the woods?

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    October 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    Nothing exciting I can think of. Usual school week.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Pumpkin patch!  Pumpkin food!  Oh, and a little snow, just to make it interesting.  :)  Good thing we're studying weather!

• ablackdolphin
    October 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Daddy is traveling for a few days and Gma arrives this week!  It'll be the first time my mom will see our homeschool room and see what we do, she'll be able to help out too!!  We also have a few Halloween things planned.

• BramblePatch
    October 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    We have a fairly typical schedule here....5 mornings of school, 3-4 afternoons of ice skating, horseback riding for DD(5), 2 PT sessions for me for my new hip, and we are going to sign up for the YMCA somewhere in there :-)
  • oahoah
    by oahoah
    October 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Vacation!! My husband has taken our two older boys (9 & 6) hunting with Grandpa & our 4 y/o is home with me.  We still have co-op on Tuesday but the older boys will be missing and otherwise we are just having fun!

• SMTCMMoore
    October 21, 2013 at 1:20 AM
    My in laws are takin the kids for a train ride to Seattle on Thurs so only a 3 day week. And a 4 day weekend for mom!
  • jwhit8791
    October 21, 2013 at 6:25 AM

We have co-op this morning (may be our last for a while) and I have an ultrasound/appt on Thursday for baby girl.  Other than that, same old...same old.  School the other days and trying to get the house cleaned up for before Natalie makes the scene. 

• MammaG08
    October 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Pretty typical week over here...4 days of hs with library storytime today, gym tomorrow, running club wednesday, and co-op on Friday.   Probably going to be canning more applesauce this week too....the apples are still coming in!  :-)

• NYCitymomx3
    October 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM

We're half way through Tom Sawyer, will hopefully finish the old math book and start the new one, and just conitnue with the next sections of history, geography, and science.  

Plus the usual muay thai boxing (3 days), parkour, scouts, and religion class.

The field trip this week will be to the Body Worlds exhibit in Times Square. 

• KrissyKC
    October 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Let's see here.   Our language arts right now consists mostly of getting a workbook done for that NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) that some one suggested on here.    We do a few other things, but the kids want to try to get the workbook done before they start the writing challenge next month.

Other than that, I want to really hit science and social studies.   We've been slow in both of these so far this year.   They will continue with MUS.

We have one field trip planned.   Unfortunately, that was a conflict with their new art and drama classes on Thursdays, but the field trip was planned long before we knew about the classes.   It's an awesome field trip with other HSing families.  We are going to a Wolf Sanctuary!!!   They are supposed to be giving us extra tours and things that most people that go through there don't get to see.     My hubby is going and it will be even more fun!

Beyond that, we have a ton of practices to do.   They have to practice for choir, Junior Bible Quizzing, and the upcoming Christmas play at church..

It's a busy time, and honestly, the academics and housecleaning right now are on the low side.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN