Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Running out of ideas!?
October 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Ran out of ideas?!

Has this ever happened to your child(ren) ir you?
What do you do when your child(ren) run out of ideas!?
What do u do when u run out of ideas?

What are some tips, tricks and or places you know of?

Replies

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    October 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My children never run out of ideas.  They are like a white hole.  Things are constantly spilling out.  I am an idea person.  I get my ideas from the internet, watching my children, curriculum that I purchase, reading and out of my own imagination.  i have yet to run out.  Coming up with new ideas is my favorite part of homeschooling.  What next unusual object can I use for school?  

• ablackdolphin
    October 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Pinterest, HS groups, google, themes

• DyslexiaParent
    October 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Ideas for what?  Any particular subject?  My oldest never ran out of ideas, my youngest seldom had ideas!  I'd just pursue anything my youngest expressed any "cool!" ideation about... as in he sees something, says, "That's kind of cool."  OKAY!!  Let's look into that more!

• Leissaintexas
    October 19, 2013 at 6:22 PM

You mean like ideas for projects? Subjects? curriculum? Pinterest has a lot of project ideas. Blogs, review sites, online forums for curriculum. Schoolhouse Teachers site for teaching tips.

• coala
    by coala
    October 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Depends on what you are talking about.  My oldest never has ideas and my youngest is always trying to create something new.

• kirbymom
    October 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Quoting coala:

Depends on what you are talking about.  My oldest never has ideas and my youngest is always trying to create something new.

Ideas for lessons and or projects and such.

That sounds like one or two of mine. :)
  • kirbymom
    October 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    Quoting Leissaintexas:

You mean like ideas for projects? Subjects? curriculum? Pinterest has a lot of project ideas. Blogs, review sites, online forums for curriculum. Schoolhouse Teachers site for teaching tips.

Yes. For all of the above reasons.
    Those are some great places to get ideas from. Thanks for sharing them. :)
  • kirbymom
    October 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    Ideas for school, for projects, for anything.

Quoting DyslexiaParent:

Ideas for what?  Any particular subject?  My oldest never ran out of ideas, my youngest seldom had ideas!  I'd just pursue anything my youngest expressed any "cool!" ideation about... as in he sees something, says, "That's kind of cool."  OKAY!!  Let's look into that more!

• kirbymom
    October 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    Cool. All of them are great places. Thanks. :)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Pinterest, HS groups, google, themes

• kirbymom
    October 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Sounds like your brain never sleeps! :)

Quoting jen2150:

My children never run out of ideas.  They are like a white hole.  Things are constantly spilling out.  I am an idea person.  I get my ideas from the internet, watching my children, curriculum that I purchase, reading and out of my own imagination.  i have yet to run out.  Coming up with new ideas is my favorite part of homeschooling.  What next unusual object can I use for school?  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN