Homeschooling Moms

xomrs.chase
my parents....
October 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Are awesome.

They weren't as into the idea of homeschooling when I first brought it up, but after talking to them in depth about the possibilities for ds, they agree that it's his best chance at a well-rounded education. They put a lot of money into my sister's private high school, and while she got a nice scholarship, they feel she wasn't able to get to her full potential until college.

Today, my mother said, "when he's in grade school, we want to give you up to $1000 a year for his homeschool supplies."

O.O uhhhh wow! Thanks!! I am over the moon about this! College text books and science equiptment will now be possible in middle/ high school! (Depending on his level- obv)

My question: would I even need to spend that much before middle school?

Replies

• kirbymom
    October 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    Oh my! That is such a wonderful thing for your parents to do.

You could use a fourth of it for school supplies now and put the rest away for higher grade school supplies for later.
  • xomrs.chase
    October 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    $1000 per year. Lol!
    I won't just accept cash, though. I'm going to keep it in mind when we go supplies shopping. My mom loves to shop! :)
    I probably won't need much for pre-k - 3rd, right?

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh my! That is such a wonderful thing for your parents to do.

You could use a fourth of it for school supplies now and put the rest away for higher grade school supplies for later.
  • kirbymom
    October 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Quoting xomrs.chase:

$1000 per year. Lol!
    I won't just accept cash, though. I'm going to keep it in mind when we go supplies shopping. My mom loves to shop! :)
    I probably won't need much for pre-k - 3rd, right?

You're right. You won't "need" too much for this age and level. At least nothing too expensive. You have so much around you that can be utilized. The only subject area you might think about spending a little money in is science. You might want to get a science kit. Other than that, I would spend conservatively when it needed to be spent.

Quoting kirbymom:Oh my! That is such a wonderful thing for your parents to do.

• ablackdolphin
    October 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Nice!!

• paganbaby
    October 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

You have awesome parents!!!

• bluerooffarm
    October 28, 2013 at 8:58 AM

You do have awesome parents!  I could see myself spending all that money, but if you can put it away for later, oh boy, the high school experience you could give!!

Homeschooling Moms