Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
Rights and Choices
October 11, 2013 at 4:14 PM
What would you do if you were told you no longer had the right to choose to homrechool your child(ren) for your religious beliefs? That if you did so, you were going against the governments right to a unified state of belief to be tolerant to all thought processes and actions that there is nothing immoral or sinful in nature or deed.

What would you do?

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I believe that would be the time for me to find a new country to live in!

• debramommyof4
    October 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

We have talked about this before.  I believe most of us agreed we would disappear on a self sufficient piece of land or move to another country. 

Though I do not homeschool for religious reasons, I am sure if they took it from those who homeschool religiously they would take it from everyone.

• ambertreas76
    October 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My husband and I discussed this the other day.  What if the government, as controlling and spastic as it is these days, took away my/our rights?  I would move to a country that does allow homeschooling.  If/when the government seizes our right to educate our children, they have begun enslavement of the American people.   

• DieselsMom
    October 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM

There are many first world countries that regulate homeschooling a lot more than the US does...

• kirbymom
    October 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    You know I feel the same but this is starting to get under my skin. If this goes the wsy it is looking to go, then this is something that should cause some real concern to the whole country and not just homeschoolers in general. For if parental rights to choice are taken away, then other personal rights could and would be arbitrarily taken for any devised reason that may be given.
    THAT concerns me much!
    [quote name="usmom3id="0"]

I believe that would be the time for me to find a new country to live in!

• kirbymom
    October 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    Quoting debramommyof4:

Though I do not homeschool for religious reasons, I am sure if they took it from those who homeschool religiously they would take it from everyone.

Exactly!
  • kirbymom
    October 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    Quoting ambertreas76:

My husband and I discussed this the other day.  What if the government, as controlling and spastic as it is these days, took away my/our rights?  I would move to a country that does allow homeschooling.  If/when the government seizes our right to educate our children, they have begun enslavement of the American people.   

This is so true.
  • kirbymom
    October 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Quoting DieselsMom:

There are many first world countries that regulate homeschooling a lot more than the US does...

I know. I have been researching this topic and can really only find that there are 7 countries where a family can be comfortable homeschooling. Other countries like Spain are more like... it isn't exactly legal but it isn't illegal either. This is where I sigh heavily and wonder how quickly I can disappear if I have to.
  • KrissyKC
    October 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I'd either flee or stand for our rights.   I don't think I'd put them back in school in that scenario willingly.

• kirbymom
    October 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    Quoting KrissyKC:

I'd either flee or stand for our rights.   I don't think I'd put them back in school in that scenario willingly.

So, does this mean you would give it some consideration, at least?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts