Homeschooling Moms

Chasing3
working towards independence!!
October 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM

so, I got ds to do an assignment completely independently! It's these short reading passages with reading comprehension questions. I've been doing everything 1-1 with him so far this year. He just did his first one totally by himself! Yipee! Plus, it's early 4th grade reading level! And we should be done this set in a month and move on to the next level.

Plus, I started MathUSee Alpha yesterday. The good news is he's already on lesson 8. I might have to go ahead and order Beta soon since I'll think he'll be done Alpha in a month.

The sad news is we spent some time outside watching trees beign cut down - interesting and fun to watch - but I dont' understand why this house down the street cut down 3 perfectly good trees???

Replies

• KrissyKC
    October 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I don't know about the Alpha level, but my kids breezed through the first 10 lessons of their levels (gamma and zeta) in very short time.   Then it got more complicated and they slowed down dramatically.   They are still moving ahead, but not quite THAT fast.

• Pukalani79
    October 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM

That's exciting! My son is mostly independant (he's in the 6th grade) and it makes it so much easier for me to work with his younger sisters.

• kirbymom
    October 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    So exciting! I am so happy for you! Great job mama. :)
    I love it when my kids learn a particular concept and then consume it like it is going out of style. lol That is one of the reasons I don't teach specifically to grade. Now I teach to capable intelligence. If they ask and can understand what needs to be done/accomplished, then I will teach them that particular concept.
  • debramommyof4
    October 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM

That is awesome that he is so independent.  I am hoping next year my 4 and 3 year olds will be a little more independent like their older sisters. 

If my girls were not as independent as they are, I think I would have a little trouble teaching all 4.  My son is not at all independent and niether is the baby girl. 

But it is ok they are still so little and we only do about 30 min to an hour with them and only if they want to work.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts