Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
I feel like I have dropped off the face of the earth
October 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Whoever said homeschooling is easy was lying. ha, or at least beginning homeschooling.

I am constantly going. Between housework, errands, working with the wee ones, and everyday life, I feel stretched so thin. I am starting to get more comfortable with our routine and things are starting to settle a bit, but I feel so disconnected from everything else right now.

I posted a question about site words last week, and I barely had time to log back on and check the replies. Im not ignoring anyone, I promise. I just need to find the time to do everything.

When did all you vets start to find a balance with everything that needs to be done during the day? Any tips?

What about the other new HS'ers like myself? Are you getting into a routine and figuring things out? 

Replies

• kirbymom
    October 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    You know, I'm not sure I have arrived even yet and I have been homeschooling for about 13 years straight and about 20 years altogether. Every year is different for us and we just acclimatize to it the best way we can. Sometimes school is almost over for the year or the day before we find a groove. We just take each day as it comes but we do not judge how things went until the end of the year. If I didn't wait until the end of the year and judged everything by each day, well, lets just say look.y I would be sporting a beautiful bald sexy look. lol

Just because you don't find a smooth groove doesn't mean positivity doesn't happen. Try looking at the small details. Details like how your children smile at the end of the day or why dinner was so tastey this evening. etc etc etc.
    Hugs to you. You are doing great. :)
  • KimmyPoo
    October 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    I usually get my cleaning done before home school...
  • KickButtMama
    October 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Those first couple of years are harsh. I tended to over indulge - I wanted to try too much, do too much, and felt like I would be a failure as a mom/wife/teacher,etc if I did not do EVERYTHING. It wasn't until our 2nd year that I found what really worked for my family, and the confidence to prioritize - that the world wouldn't cease to rotate if I left dishes in the sink for tomorrow. ;) hang in there!

• Pukalani79
    October 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

For me it's scheduling and team work.  The kids help out a great deal with the house, laundry and dishes.  They are about to begin taking turns making dinner, so that will help a lot as well once I'm comfortable that they can handle it.  We're very much a routine family - although that doesn't mean it has to be rigid.  I've learned not to schedule things during our homeschool hours, then we take one day off a week to do any running around, grocery shopping, etc. (I've also learned how to say "No." As in: No I cannot babysit during school time, No I cannot go to every field trip/activity/event scheduled. No I cannot run that errand for you today. Just...no.   It's by no means a perfect system, but it's working for us and I feel like we have so much more balance this year than in years past.

• jwhit8791
    October 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I desparately need to find something that works for us and soon.......we have 26 days or so until it all hits the fan here.  LOL

DH hates my attitude of it will get done or it won't.....I just don't know how to put it different.  I mean I am only one person and there is just too much.  We were having a playdate yesterday in the morning (my friend came to help me try and get some baby stuff done) We were headed out to lunch and just trying to get them into the van was almost too much.  I just looked at her and said, I can't do this.....it's too much right now. 

I am having a more hopeful day today though.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN