Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jwhit8791
Having a hard time concentrating......
October 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM

and then there is the kids!  LOL

I am finding that right now at this point, I am having a hard time caring if we get school done or not.  I don't want to mess up the amount that we did get ahead by starting mid July but I have 33 days until this baby is supposed to come.  I am having lots of contractions (BH and some regular ones thrown in for good measure) whether I do a lot or not. A lot of times they seem to be stress related, so when the kids start in about not wanting to do certain things with school, it does affect me.

Just wish she was here already so that I could concentrate on what I am trying to accomplish.  LOL  Although I will probably just be a walking zombie then. 

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    October 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM

awwww can you stop hsing now for a couple months? my dd works and her baby is due nov 21 and shes taking off a week before due, and not going back to work for 3 months so can you do something like that?

• jwhit8791
    October 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I might have to.  LOL  Or I might be having this baby a lot sooner than I am supposed to. 

I would like to try and at least get some kind of schooling done during the day.  I figure the month after she is here, I won't be focused enough to even attempt it.  I wasn't really thinking that before she came would be a problem.....every pregnancy really is different, isn't it?

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    October 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

yea and the first one doesnt always go as planned (as i tell my daughter who has it all planned out!!hahah)

how old are the other kids?

• jwhit8791
    October 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

6,4,and 2.  They are very much still hands on, like need me right at their side pretty much all the time.  If I wander too far away, stuff stops happening (or rooms turn into chaos quickly).

Quoting oredeb:

yea and the first one doesnt always go as planned (as i tell my daughter who has it all planned out!!hahah)

how old are the other kids?

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Can you mix it up a bit to make it more fun for them so that they are willing to do it? Let them take turns picking what you do each day from a selection for things you have preplaned so that you still are doing things you want them to do & are prepared for but they are deciding on when to do it!

• KrissyKC
    October 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM

What about getting time4learning.com for a few months?   Have your six yr old do it and your four year old watch.    Play some movies and educational games.  

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM

33 days.....I remember those days and how long each and every one of those days was....  I'm very unmotivated right now, for whatever reason.  So we're mixing it up a bit and getting out Halloween stuff to practice our math (I had fun online searching ideas), do our reading, practice our performance (we'll record ourselves acting out Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman for their little cousin), do cooking, maybe work on getting the junk heap removed or whittled down.  Things that are fun, but I feel good about counting towards school.

• KickButtMama
    October 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Aww, I contracted a lot as well. Give yourself a break. Let the kids know you'll only do HS for an hour or so at a time. Pick one subject each day. And don't wory about being ahead or behind - one of the beautiful things about HS is that you can go at your own pace!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN