Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
Snooze or Lose
by usmom3
BJ
October 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I found this to be an interesting read & wanted to share!

Overstimulated, overscheduled kids are getting at least an hour’s less sleep than they need, a deficiency that, new research reveals, has the power to set their cognitive abilities back years. CLICK HERE

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    October 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.
  • kirbymom
    October 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    Definitely interesting. I would love to understand theur definition of a demanding teacher though.
  • Chasing3
    October 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I"m thinking moms of those kdis are getting way less sleep than they need too!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM

What I find interesting is that it is now known that teenagers are hard wired to go to bed late & get up late (like bed at 1AM & wake up at 10AM) but no one is willing to take that seriously & see if a high school where to accommodate that if it would help them or not!

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yeah, I don't know what they meant exactly by that!

Quoting kirbymom:

Definitely interesting. I would love to understand theur definition of a demanding teacher though.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I agree, if the kids are sleep deprived then the parents probably are too.

Quoting Chasing3:

I"m thinking moms of those kdis are getting way less sleep than they need too!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I found this informative & interesting!

How to Get Kids to Sleep More

• kirbymom
    October 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    But that would be like the system actually wanting to help and do right by society or something.

Quoting usmom3:

What I find interesting is that it is now known that teenagers are hard wired to go to bed late & get up late (like bed at 1AM & wake up at 10AM) but no one is willing to take that seriously & see if a high school where to accommodate that if it would help them or not!

Quoting Leissaintexas:Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

You made me giggle!

Quoting kirbymom:

But that would be like the system actually wanting to help and do right by society or something.

Quoting usmom3:

Quoting Leissaintexas:Funny how" experts are just now finding this out. Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,and wise"? This used to be common knowledge.

• mem82
    by mem82
    October 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

My kids are nuts if they miss their bedtime which is 9pm. They naturally wake between 7 and 8.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN